Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-23-2015, 11:23 AM   #1
kenzo
kenzo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Books purchased queued but not downloading

Hi,
can anyone help,my wife purchased 4 or 5 books on the 21st June, these show in her Kindle as queued but do not download,if you tap on a title it just asks if you want to cancel the download,we seem to have tried every conceivable way of trying to sort this problem including re-delivering books from her account to the device. Is the Kindle faulty or is it amazons web site?..any advice would be appreciated.

Thank You
kenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 11:27 AM   #2
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
Have you contacted Amazon support about this. Also you may need to restart the kindle device or app.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2015, 11:37 AM   #3
kenzo

Hi,
Thanks for responding.
Yes have emailed customer support today still waiting for them to respond, yes have restarted device several times and disconnected and reconnected wifi etc etc
Old 06-23-2015, 11:39 AM   #4
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hopefully support will contact you soon.
Old 06-23-2015, 02:41 PM   #5
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Occasionally I get random connection problems. For instance, right now a book will download but the cover thumbnail won't -- no matter what I do.

In a few hours it will then slyly pretend nothing ever happened.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2015, 01:16 PM   #6
Edward_R
Zealot
Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Pacific Northwest (about 35 miles northeast of Seattle)
Device: K3 / HP 10" Tablet (FBreader Installed)
Silly question, but have you tried a different Wi-Fi connection? I had a similar issue in that I could shop at home but not d/l, and ended up figuring out it was a issue with my home Wi-Fi when I found I could d/l from work.
Edward_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 02:05 PM   #7
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's happened for me too, but only when moving off of a network that had router-based filtering.
Old 06-25-2015, 01:28 PM   #8
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Presumably you have a computer? You can go to Your Account > Manage Your Content and Devices (is that a suggestive offer or not?) and download the books to your computer. Then you can sideload them to the Kindle by a USB cord.
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 05:59 PM   #9
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Downloading manually through the website is a method of last resort. The device is supposed to be able to handle it itself, and therefore we want it to....
Old 06-26-2015, 04:32 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The original poster needs to start responding to peoples' questions if he wants to get any help. It's no use asking a question and then ignoring the responses.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 02:52 PM   #11
kenzo

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The original poster needs to start responding to peoples' questions if he wants to get any help. It's no use asking a question and then ignoring the responses.
sorry,have not a moment to check in, thanks to all those who have responded,situation still not resolved,spent sometime with amazon which included re-setting kindle to factory settings, eventually they gave up and have sent us a new kindle, however, this has not solved the problem, cant download anything from the cloud, they just sit there stating their queued, have tried multiple and one book at a time...also bizarrely wont connect to kindle store..it is connected with excellent signal to wifi....
Old 07-03-2015, 03:00 PM   #12
cvkemp
Loving life

Do you happen to have a Firewall on the wifi that could be blocking the download. Have you tried to download from a public wifi hotspot or another wifi some where else.
Old 07-03-2015, 03:16 PM   #13
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I'm assuming this is on your home network. Do you possibly have a whitelist set up for the router/modem and you need to add the new MAC address for the new Kindle? I have a whitelist for my setup and since I so rarely add new devices, totally forgot about it once and spent hours trying to connect a Kobo to it (and failing miserably until I checked more settings and remembered the whitelist). Definitely one of those days for me.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 03:34 PM   #14
kenzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvkemp View Post
Do you happen to have a Firewall on the wifi that could be blocking the download. Have you tried to download from a public wifi hotspot or another wifi some where else.
Hi, no there is no firewall blocking the download, have downloaded over 500 books with no problem up to this point, no settings on the router or devices have been changed. I have not tried to download from a different network yet.
Old 07-03-2015, 03:42 PM   #15
kenzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
I'm assuming this is on your home network. Do you possibly have a whitelist set up for the router/modem and you need to add the new MAC address for the new Kindle? I have a whitelist for my setup and since I so rarely add new devices, totally forgot about it once and spent hours trying to connect a Kobo to it (and failing miserably until I checked more settings and remembered the whitelist). Definitely one of those days for me.
Hi,yes is a home network, there is no whitelist. As I've said have downloaded many books up until this point, it's definitely connected and I can see all books in the cloud,they just wont download..just queue....