Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-08-2006, 04:14 PM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
An eWallet software upgrade done right!

I've just received a very nice email from Dana Kelly at Ilium Software. They have upgraded their eWallet software from 4.0 to 4.1 and have provided me with the exact information that I want from them:

* The version and platforms I originally purchased
* A summary of what has changed in the new version
* Links to the new software downloads
* Software keys for each platform I'm registered for, and
* Appreciation to me for being a customer

I'm not going to knock other developers for not doing this because we've got a great community of developers in the mobile device world. Some even surpass expectations by providing free upgrades across major revisions. (A couple of great examples are ShadowPlan and DVD Catalyst, which are two wonderful applications.)

Sure, there is a range of quality with regard to support, but on the whole mobile software developers are very responsive and helpful. In addition, if you purchase software at PalmGear/PocketGear or Handango, generally you can get upgrades online if you have the right to a free upgrade based on your previously purchased version.

Still, this was a refreshing touch by Ilium Software because rarely do software companies make it so convenient for the customer to learn about and acquire an upgrade. Kudos to Dana and the Ilium Software crew!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 08:49 AM   #2
melvynadam
Connoisseur
melvynadam began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPhone, iPad
Almost makes up for the time a rep from ilium ridiculed me in an email for having bought two licenses for eWallet.
I like to own legitimate licenses for all the software I use, and so bought a license for my Palm and another for my wife's. When I wrote with a question a guy wrote back telling me how I could have just bought one license and run it on both PDAs.
I just dug around but can't find the original to quote him in his full glory. I remember it left a nasty taste in my mouth though.
melvynadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert