Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-11-2012, 09:46 PM   #1
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
[Android App] Calibre Companion: Storage folder selection

Hello, and thanks for this neat little app . I wanted to check it out, and encountered a minor issue regarding the storage folder selection...

I'm using a vanilla Acer A510 (ICS 4.0.3), and I can't get it to use the external sd card... For reference, the internal sd is mounted on /mnt/sdcard, and the external sdcard on /mnt/external_sd
Once I'm in /mnt/sdcard, if I hit 'Back' in the app's dialog, it throws me back to the app, instead of accessing /mnt. It's not rooted, so that may or may not be a factor here .

A quick workaround would be to pair the mini-browser thing with an edit box, which would allow me to just type the correct path .

Other than that, it seems to play nice with Mantano, my usual reading app, so, yay! ^^

Thanks!

Last edited by NiLuJe; 08-12-2012 at 02:36 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 03:24 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Thanks for the feedback. We will fix this one way or the other.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2012, 11:52 PM   #3
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Any updates on this. The device I use calibre can detect as usb drive so I am able to send the books using usb cable. At the moment I already have all my books on my phone.
I would mostly be using the app as a dumb cable as I like to sort my book by folders. Will I have to send by books again once I can choose the folder or will calibre companion and calibre auto detect these books.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:42 AM   #4
Aleoink
Aleoink began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Asus Padfone
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Thanks for the feedback. We will fix this one way or the other.
I have the same problem. I use an Asus Padfone, and my "real" SD card is "/Removable/MicroSD/".

Thank you for fixing this issue.

Alessandro
Aleoink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 07:21 PM   #5
hadberz
hadberz began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
First I want to say thanks for creating this app. I have the same issue as well on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, other than that the app has worked great.
hadberz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2012, 04:15 PM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
Any updates on this. The device I use calibre can detect as usb drive so I am able to send the books using usb cable. At the moment I already have all my books on my phone.
I would mostly be using the app as a dumb cable as I like to sort my book by folders. Will I have to send by books again once I can choose the folder or will calibre companion and calibre auto detect these books.
CC 1.8, which will be available sometime in the next hour or two, supports entering arbitrary paths for folders. Changing folders will empty CC's database, but it won't erase the books. Whether or not you want to resend them is up to you.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:39 PM   #7
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@chaley: Thanks! Will report back as soon as it's up on GP .

EDIT: It's up!

Bad news: I get a "Could not create folder(s)." tiny popup when trying to validate a custom full path pointing to my external sd card, even if said path already exists. Inputting something in the internal sd does work, though. Crappy Android permissions issue?

On the other hand, no issues when running on Calibre trunk, the streaming thingy seems to be holding up .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 08-23-2012 at 06:04 PM.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:08 PM   #8
Steve_Haley
CC iOS Developer
Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Variety phones/tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Bad news: I get a "Could not create folder(s)." tiny popup when trying to validate a custom full path pointing to my external sd card, even if said path already exists.
"even if the path already exists"... That hits the nail on the head.

I designed it to produce that error message if it couldn't create the path, but I completely forgot to make it check whether the path exists already!

So until the next version, the workaround will be to delete the folder and then let CC recreate it. (Remember to move everything out of the folder before deleting it)
Steve_Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:13 PM   #9
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Steve_Haley: Ha. You're right!

I thought I had tried with a non-existing folder first, but I guess not, I just checked, and, yep, it works if the target folder doesn't exist. Thanks! .
Old 08-24-2012, 07:56 AM   #10
Steve_Haley
CC iOS Developer
Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Variety phones/tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_Haley View Post
I designed it to produce that error message if it couldn't create the path, but I completely forgot to make it check whether the path exists already!

So until the next version, the workaround will be to delete the folder and then let CC recreate it. (Remember to move everything out of the folder before deleting it)
This workaround shouldn't be needed anymore with v1.8.1, which went live sometime in the last hour - it now checks whether the folder already exists before trying to create a new one.
Steve_Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:14 AM   #11
TerreTeel
TerreTeel began at the beginning.

Device: Pandigital 7" Color Multimedia eReader
1st, would like to say that I truly love this APP. 2nd, I have a pandigital 7" reader, calibre will not detect it in any shape form or fashion lol, i have to convert, then load up adobe digital, which I hate using, I was just wondering if sometime in the future, if possible, that support may be added for my device? And if I need to supply any info, please let me know what I need to do.
TerreTeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:09 AM   #12
K8HW
Connoisseur
K8HW began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy A03s, Galaxy Tab A, Kindle Paperwhite (10th Gen), Nexus 7
I just tried v1.8.1 and I must say that I am impressed! BIG improvement in ALL areas. I think I am going to have to start wearing a seatbelt!
K8HW is offline   Reply With Quote