Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-29-2010, 11:28 PM   #1
CyberpunkDad
Neuromancer Fanboi
CyberpunkDad has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CyberpunkDad has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CyberpunkDad has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CyberpunkDad has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CyberpunkDad has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3 / 3G
Post Finished my First Book

Well I finished my first book on the Kindle. The expanded version of Stephen King's "The Stand". Throughly enjoyed the book. Reading on the e-ink screen was noticably easier on my eyes than the iPhone. That being said..

I still read on my iPhone while I was waiting on my case. Which I found that I really liked how both the iPhone and the Kindle would store my current location and update to it when i picked up either device. That's a damn handy feature!

The biggest thing that I have noticed myself doing more is reading multiple books at the same time on the Kindle. I'm sure it's just a phase.

After trying the New Yorker for a week or two I find myself on the fence. I'm already falling behind in reading it. Maybe I found look into a good monthly magazine. It's nice not having to look at any advertising.

Oh well, just a few thoughts I thought I'd share.
CyberpunkDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:42 PM   #2
erictoma
Banned
erictoma doesn't littererictoma doesn't litter

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberpunkDad View Post
The biggest thing that I have noticed myself doing more is reading multiple books at the same time on the Kindle. I'm sure it's just a phase.

Carrying 3 500 books is easy with Kindle, but reading them will take up 66 years and you have finish one book every week. If we read one book per moth it will take 292 years lol
Having all that amount of books in one single gadget is a real temptation, but is much more better than internet temptation.
Sometimes I go from a grammar website site to an erotic one , because the website that is giving free grammar lessons was showing some hot girls too.
At least black and white eReaders don't have those links and hot pics in them.
erictoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2010, 05:00 AM   #3
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
iPhone plus Kindle is a brilliant combination and one I use a lot. Most of the time I'll opt to read on my Kindle but for short bursts of reading or places where I might need to be discreet with my reading (ie when out with family/friends) it's easier to get away with reading on the smaller device!

Until I got the lighted cover for my Kindle, I used to read the iphone in bed - that's where the backlit device has an advantage. I suffer from insomnia so I can wake up multiple times a night when I will either read or write and I don't want to disturb hubby by putting a big lamp on. But having the lighted cover solves that issue completely now.

Happy reading
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote