Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-01-2009, 01:03 PM   #1
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Dropped my Black PocketBook 360

And the good news is that it survived with only a couple of small scars.

I had just finished doing the update to it. I've been reading mostly on the ivory and my 5 year old has been playing battleship and checkers on the black one.

I have my laptop set up on a cabinet near the fireplace. I unplugged the USB cable and fumbled putting it down. it slid off the cabinet and i made a grab for it which missed and it went tumbling down. Hit the side of the cabinet , bounced on the edge of the brick and hit the floor.

Well after a moment of silence I picked it up and it was still on. tried the buttons, went through the menus opened a book etc etc. Everything works fine but its got scars to show for it. hope the pic is clear enough.

I'm quite pleased with the durability- don't try this at home folks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dropped.JPG
Views:	776
Size:	280.6 KB
ID:	40527  
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 01:19 PM   #2
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
All's well that ends well, Charlie)) Don't try to hit the other side for symmetry)))
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 04:11 PM   #3
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Ouch!

Oh well, mine flew through my car and landed on the board and fell down for good measure. I noticed just today that it has a battle scar, a small scratch on the backside. Poor little Mighty Mouse! But it does really well otherwise, thank you very much!

Last edited by mtravellerh; 12-02-2009 at 05:38 AM.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 04:35 PM   #4
Speedy eReader
Speedy eReader began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Touch Reader
It's a very tough durable device is'nt?

I just want to get a thanks to Kacir, a forum member who did a very good review on the Pocketbook 360 which can be read here :http://www.e-readerfeeder.com/pocketbook-360.htm
Please give Kacir some Karma if you enjoy the review.
Speedy eReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 06:29 PM   #5
norciom
ego Alpha et Omega
norciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-books

Device: Pocketbook 360
The small wight and round corners are a big plus on why I bought a 360.

My prs505 was dropped repeatedly and after the last fall on concrete a corner is damaged and a narrow vertical strip - lucky on the very end - of the screen does not work anymore.

After that incident I put a strap on my Sony and started the search for a crash resistant reader.

I'll probably end up with the 360 tied to my neck. I think it's small enough.

Last edited by norciom; 12-08-2009 at 06:35 PM.
norciom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:18 AM   #6
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
A wrist lanyard is something I think every handheld reader needs to have. It's easy to drop these sort of devices, goodness knows I have dropped my Clie a hunderd times but it has a nice MgAlloy case that seems indestructible....knock on wood. but it has a built-in post on one corner where you can attach a tether or neck/wrist lanyard, so I added one which I use all the time.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:37 AM   #7
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
A wrist lanyard is something I think every handheld reader needs to have.
Hey, I never thought of that, but you're right! It would be very handy (and reassuring) when reading standing up on the train or subway.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote