Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 09-28-2017, 11:52 PM   #1
MarcDS
Enthusiast
MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.

Device: Windows 10 PC, Windows 10 Tablet, Samsung Phone
Looking for syncing advise

I know there are many posts about syncing and cloud etc. Many are old and I don't know how valid they still are. Can someone advise how to solve the following problem:

I have my Calibre library (more than 4000 ebooks) on my Windows 10 PC (I live in Indonesia and have slow expensive internet). I also have an Android Smartphone and a Windows 10 tablet. When traveling my PC stays at home (and I don't want it powered up during weeks I am not home).

How can I read my books when I am traveling. I want to both use my Android phone and my Windows 10 tablet. I prefer to not use Dropbox (too expensive), but can use Onedrive or Google Drive or ... I can use Goodsync application to sync between PC and and Onedrive of google drive (but that is sloooooow).

Thanks in advance for a knowledgeable solution.
MarcDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 03:58 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Please ask Calibre questions in the Calibre forum, to where I'm now moving this.

Thanks.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 04:00 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
For syncing with an Android device, you really can't do any better than the "Calibre Companion" app, which has its own support forum here at MR.

For a Windows tablet, I'd run Calibre on the device itself, and use one of the many sync tools (eg Microsoft's "Synctoy" tool) to sync the library on the device with that on your main PC.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 03:39 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Harry has it

I use CC Wireless device connection (mode) to sync status and get update metadata (would be pretty neat trick, if you are away )

Since WDC only syncs for books ON your device: It expets you to PUSH new content from Calibre

I also connect using the Content Server, where I can PULL any calibre content.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 05:08 PM   #5
judyni
Enthusiast
judyni began at the beginning.

Device: kindle, tablets
Calibre Companion is great for your android device. I use it with OneDrive. It can see your OneDrive repository, download on demand, then open a selection of readers (two of which I like and use).

On Windows 10 tablet, I'm trying to figure out what to do. You can of course run OneDrive on it and use Calibre itself, and I've done that in the past, but I'd like something more like Calibre Companion... I've posted a question asking for the best solution for a Windows tablet to cloud. Or you may be happy with getting a nubbin-type USB device and keeping it up to date and running Calibre itself.
judyni is offline   Reply With Quote