Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-06-2012, 04:39 PM   #1
Edy
Enthusiast
Edy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, new iPad,
Kindle Paperweight for international customers

Dear All,

Any word yet when the new Kindle Paperweight is available for international customers? According to the website (I just checked) it only ships in the US.

The price is so low, so I don't think it is worth to let it ship to my US address and then forward to Switzerland home address.

Thanks,
Edy
Edy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:48 PM   #2
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
No idea. From the Amazon.co.uk homepage they now have the basic Kindle at £69 showing a September 12th availability, the Kindle Fires are there too for October 25th, but no sign of the lighted Kindle, so possibly it's going to be like the release of the Kindle Touch, available in the US, and everyone else might have to wait a few months.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:57 PM   #3
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
No idea. From the Amazon.co.uk homepage they now have the basic Kindle at £69 showing a September 12th availability, the Kindle Fires are there too for October 25th, but no sign of the lighted Kindle, so possibly it's going to be like the release of the Kindle Touch, available in the US, and everyone else might have to wait a few months.
The BBC are saying that it will be a US exclusive initially so I think you are right.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:36 PM   #4
bbesse
bbesse plays well with othersbbesse plays well with othersbbesse plays well with othersbbesse plays well with othersbbesse plays well with othersbbesse plays well with othersbbesse plays well with othersbbesse plays well with othersbbesse plays well with othersbbesse plays well with othersbbesse plays well with others

Device: PaperWhite WiFi, Kindle 3 WiFi!
Don't feel left out the ROTTEN BUGGERS aren't releasing it to the Canada nieghbors either.
Brent
bbesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:44 PM   #5
Edy
Enthusiast
Edy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, new iPad,
It's a pity. I cannot understand why the Kindle cannot be sold in Europe yet. It doesn't matter when it is not localized yet. My current Kindle 3 I bought at Amazon.com and it was shipped to my home address.
Edy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:47 PM   #6
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Yes, it is annoying me a lot too. I jumped the bridge and ordered at .com with delivery to a forwarder, but I can't say I am happy with this solution....

Last edited by aceflor; 09-07-2012 at 02:49 AM.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:24 PM   #7
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Ordered to my US address, and I'll just plan on being down there to pick them both up. Not a problem.

Now, unloading my old Kindle Keyboards? That could be a bit more of an issue.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:48 PM   #8
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Maybe Amazon thinks they wouldn't be able to keep up with the demand if it were offered everywhere, at least to begin with.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:10 PM   #9
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Engadget reports October 25th.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/06/a...ing-to-the-uk/
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:11 PM   #10
Serpentine
Evangelist
Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
It's been the same with all the releases. International sales usually only start after about 3-4 months, and obviously don't qualify for the 'special offers' discount. UPS also charge the maximum possible import duties (You can reclaim, but it's a whole lot of effort) to most places, meaning it's cheaper to use forwarding anyway.
Serpentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:41 PM   #11
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@daffy4u: That's for the Fires, not the Paperwhite .

And they are indeed flooding the amazon co.uk/de/fr storefronts (at least) with (a couple of) the Fires, with no mention of the 'updated' K4 that they do seem to offer (shipping September 12).

But the Paperwhite, the device most of us actually care about? Nope. ;'(

(On the other hand, Kobo's Glo went up for preorder today, and *will* ship October 1st in France, Booken (a French company that's been making decent devices for a while) hinted at a new Cybook today, and B&N seems to finally be trying to move in on the European market...).

And I still remember the Touch release in France, which happened a mere few days after the Paris Book Fair, where they flaunted K4 ads nearly everywhere with no mention of the Touch... I smell a second epic fail in the making...

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-06-2012 at 10:49 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:45 PM   #12
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
Remember the original Paperwhite leaked images that the Verge had were in French. So... they must be coming to some French-speaking country sometime in the planned future? Maybe Canada? I assume Amazon has a French Canadian site?

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:55 PM   #13
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
That's a pain. If I decide to get one I might just pick one up at a store the next time I travel to the U.S., or get a friend to do it.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:55 PM   #14
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@elemenoP: Yeah, that's what's puzzling me... Especially when compared to the K4 launch last year, where a mostly accurate release date leaked in France a good while earlier than most US sources...

Anyway, I don't doubt it will come, I just *really* hope we won't have to wait 6 months like the Touch... (But, of course, I wish it were up for pre-order now, even with a delayed release date...)

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-06-2012 at 07:58 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:10 PM   #15
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Is that title a joke or a Freudian slip?
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote