Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRiver Story

Notices

Old 08-16-2010, 12:26 PM   #1
James_Wilde
Guru
James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story
Unhelpful help - can someone in here do better?

I sent a message to Iriver support for the EU in Austria some time ago, asking whether one could change the brightness and/or contrast. Today I got my answer:

Dear customer,

yes it can be.
Please update your story first with the latest firmware.
www.myiriver.de register first.

Well, shit, that's good to know. But I thought it must be clear from the fact that I had to ask a question that I'd tried myself and not found out how. I'm glad they gave me full details on how to do it!

Actually I have 1.71, so the update bit is superfluous, but I won't blame them for that.

So, can anyone in here help me? How do you change the brightness/contrast on a Story?

TIA
James_Wilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 10:47 PM   #2
greenapple
Evangelist
greenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle DX, Kobo Aura HD
AFAIK the brightness and contrast are not adjustable..
greenapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 07:52 AM   #3
James_Wilde
Guru
James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's what I thought, Greenapple, from a study of the knobs and whistles, and going through all the menu items. I've asked for clarity from support so we'll see what they say.
Old 08-21-2010, 11:15 AM   #4
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Hi James,
I'm pretty sure that on this occasion the techie guy is talking through his hat. You can't change the brightness or contrast on the display.
MacEachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 06:05 AM   #5
James_Wilde
Guru

Yep, Mac, I'm convinced myself. Actually I've got used to the contrast, so I'm not so bothered any more. It's just that the screen has a tendency to fade in bright sunlight.