Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-24-2023, 04:05 PM   #946
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Yes, closed.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 05:02 PM   #947
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Okay. I just uploaded a new version of JS that will hit the Calibre GUI notification at the bottom of the hour.

Version 1.0.225 -2023-03-24 Improved debugging of saving customizations for NV; made more explicit that NV customizations are saved by Library UUID.

This is not an optional upgrade. I don't like gremlins.

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 05:45 PM   #948
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
Version 1.0.224 -2023-03-24 Notes Viewer: CalibreSpy URL links are now natively supported by NV. No Tweak is required. The URL link must be a valid command-line argument, such as used in a command file (.bat file in Windows). Refer to the CalibreSpy example .bat files provided with that plugin.

See the attached explanation.

For those not familiar with CalibreSpy, it is designed to be run when the Calibre GUI is not running. It is always read-only, and hence supports running simultaneously for multiple Calibre Libraries via the command-line. It may also be run from the Calibre GUI, but that is optional. The instance running from the GUI will be closed by Calibre upon shutdown, whereas the multiple instances of CalibreSpy running from the command-line are fully under user control.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=310103
Haven't looked at this yet (I will of course), but I can't imagine a use case - given we already have JS->Utilities->"Run Arbitrary Programs", which I already use to start calibrespy.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 11:06 PM   #949
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

CalibreSpy URL links natively supported by NV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Haven't looked at this yet (I will of course), but I can't imagine a use case - given we already have JS->Utilities->"Run Arbitrary Programs", which I already use to start calibrespy.
Nuh - I just don't get it, maybe because I don't perceive calibre-spy as a protocol.

Where would I put this:

Code:
calibre-debug -r "CalibreSpy" -- --"D:\Calibre\Libraries\Books"
Actually when I read your post title I thought you'd been reading my mind:

It would be nice to have NV in CalibreSpy.

BR

PS: I couldn't replicate owb's issue.

Last edited by BetterRed; 03-24-2023 at 11:14 PM.
Old 03-26-2023, 06:39 AM   #950
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Libra 2
After many years I finally dared to install JS (Calibre 6.14.1, JS 1.0.225). I was always a little afraid of it.

Extracting original title
Code:
Título original|Titulo original|Original Title|titre original|originaler Titel|Originalausgabe
Many of my books have text like this

Code:
Titel der amerikanischen Originalausgabe:
»A Memory of Light«
Result: Titel Der Amerikanischen

Code:
Titel der englischen Originalausgabe

CONSIDER PHLEBAS
Result:Titel Der Englischen

Code:
Die Originalausgabe erschien unter dem Titel »Shadowheart«
Result: Die Erschien Unter Dem Titel »Shadowheart«

Code:
Titel der Originalausgabe: THE MEMOIRS OF LADY TRENT 1:
A NATURAL HISTORY OF DRAGONS
Result: Titel Der The Memoirs Of Lady Trent 1

Could you expand the extraction to two lines? Then I would only have to delete the unnecessary text

Notes Viewer:
  1. NV can not remember any setting after "Exit Notes Viewer" (Lock?, AJ)
  2. Is it correct that I can only read the notes in NV after jumping to the book?
  3. It would be nice if the library view would also jump directly to the book (not selecting only)

I will then work myself in peu a peu - many thanks DaltonST
Wiggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 11:16 AM   #951
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
@Wiggo - a tip. Get the Favourites Menu and put your most-used JS items on it.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 11:55 AM   #952
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggo View Post
After many years I finally dared to install JS (Calibre 6.14.1, JS 1.0.225). I was always a little afraid of it.

Code:
Título original|Titulo original|Original Title|titre original|originaler Titel|Originalausgabe

Code:
»A Memory of Light«

Code:

CONSIDER PHLEBAS

Code:

Code:

Could you expand the extraction to two lines? Then I would only have to delete the unnecessary text

Notes Viewer:
  1. NV can not remember any setting after "Exit Notes Viewer" (Lock?, AJ)
  2. Is it correct that I can only read the notes in NV after jumping to the book?
  3. It would be nice if the library view would also jump directly to the book (not selecting only)

I will then work myself in peu a peu - many thanks DaltonST
  • Notes Viewer:
    1. I intentionally have not added those yet to 'options' because they are not as trivial as it might appear. Some users switch often among multiple Libraries, and their custom columns are often quite different. Also, the 'auto jump' checkbox will cause an immediate 'jump' as soon as the Search button is pressed and the results returned. Some users would find that annoying. So, I have been waiting for NV to settle down a bit before changing those to be saved options. I intend to make them Library-specific when I do.
    2. NV is for reading the long-text/comments in the Custom Column currently specified in the NV dropdown list for the currently selected book. If you want to do something else, like edit the book, or read it, simply Exit NV.
    3. NV does jump directly to the book in the Library View (Library List), and of course it selects it since that is what it means to go to a particular book in the Library View. You must mean something else.

DaltonST

Last edited by DaltonST; 03-26-2023 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Added: EPOM Plugin
Old 03-26-2023, 05:05 PM   #953
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
@Wiggo - a tip. Get the Favourites Menu and put your most-used JS items on it.
- I assume you know you can change the label of items added

Quote:
  • Notes Viewer:
    1. I intentionally have not added those yet to 'options' because they are not as trivial as it might appear. Some users switch often among multiple Libraries, and their custom columns are often quite different. Also, the 'auto jump' checkbox will cause an immediate 'jump' as soon as the Search button is pressed and the results returned. Some users would find that annoying. So, I have been waiting for NV to settle down a bit before changing those to be saved options. I intend to make them Library-specific when I do.
If I open NV's Options window, do whatever, then close it with Window's close button, it doesn't go back to the NV window as one might expect, but to calibre's main window which I find disconcerting. Can I assume this a WIP behaviour?

Could you add a hide/show search bar setting to Options (default show), I doubt I'll ever use it, so for me it's clutter.

Outstanding issue: Post 949 -- calibrespy linkage

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 03-26-2023 at 05:07 PM.
Old 03-26-2023, 05:47 PM   #954
DaltonST
Deviser

Quote:
Can I assume this a WIP behaviour?
No. Required to maintain data integrity. The revised options take effect only with a total reboot of NV. Not going to change.

DaltonST
Old 03-27-2023, 12:25 PM   #955
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.226

Version 1.0.226 -2023-03-27
  • The Tools for hiding all Custom Columns, or showing all Custom Columns, or only showing those Custom Columns with non-null (real) values in them that are on the submenu under JS Look & Feel have been promoted from 'beta test' to fully released. Refer to a previous post about these to see an explanatory image.
  • Notes Viewer: New Library-Specific Options: Lock & AutoJump. New 'Back' button to return to the prior book that NV was showing before 'jumping' to another book, or before manually clicking a book anywhere else in the Library View (Library List) that caused NV to focus on that new book. Miscellaneous other minor changes.
  • Notes Viewer Customization: If you exit from NV Customization through the "save and exit" button, NV will automatically restart with all current options after NV Customization closes. If you prefer to use the big "X" in the upper right corner to intentionally avoid any possibility of saving of options, it will not.

DaltonST

Last edited by DaltonST; 03-27-2023 at 12:27 PM.
Old 03-27-2023, 01:50 PM   #956
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Unfortunately, I have no idea what I need to type in both JS and EPOM to get two lines extracted after "Originalausgabe". My regex knowledge is about zero.
Quote:
  • Notes Viewer:
    1. NV does jump directly to the book in the Library View (Library List), and of course it selects it since that is what it means to go to a particular book in the Library View. You must mean something else.
I meant that the book is selected but the view does not jump to the position.
If my library list shows books 1-43 but the book I am looking for is number 144, the view does not jump to row 144 (blue line) but stays at 1-43.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-03-27 192747.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	200655  
Old 03-27-2023, 02:23 PM   #957
DaltonST
Deviser

NV will only 'jump' if you pick #144 in the Search Results dropdown, and either have auto-jump checked, or you click the jump button.

The jump button is for the search results. Hover your mouse cursor over the various items on NV to see their ToolTips that explain how each works.

It will also automatically 'move to' #144 if you click it, #144, with your mouse. NV must already be open, of course. NV does not open itself.

Last edited by DaltonST; 03-27-2023 at 03:03 PM.
Old 03-27-2023, 03:58 PM   #958
Wiggo
Leftutti

Sorry, but NV unfortunately does not jump the way I understand jumping.
I have to scroll to the result

https://imgur.com/a/4BDLMeU

If it's not possible, no problem - I just wanted to point out
Old 03-27-2023, 04:02 PM   #959
DaltonST
Deviser

pythex.org link for German Editions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggo View Post

Code:

Code:
»A Memory of Light«

Code:

CONSIDER PHLEBAS

Code:

Code:

Wiggo:

Go here: https://pythex.org/?regex=Titel%20der%20Originalausgabe%5B%3A%5D(.%2B )%24%7CDie%20Originalausgabe%20erschien%20unter%20 dem%20Titel%20%5B%C2%BB%5D*(.%2B)%5B%C2%AB%5D*%24% 7CTitel%20der%20amerikanischen%20Originalausgabe%3 A%20%5B%C2%BB%5D*(.%2B)%5B%C2%AB%5D*%24&test_strin g=Book%20%231%3A%20%20Titel%20der%20Originalausgab e%3A%20THE%20MEMOIRS%20OF%20LADY%20TRENT%201%3A%0A A%20NATURAL%20HISTORY%20OF%20DRAGONS%0A%0ABook%20% 232%3A%20%20Titel%20der%20amerikanischen%20Origina lausgabe%3A%0A%C2%BBA%20Memory%20of%20Light%C2%AB% 0A%0ABook%20%233%3A%20%20Die%20Originalausgabe%20e rschien%20unter%20dem%20Titel%20%C2%BBShadowheart% C2%AB&ignorecase=1&multiline=0&dotall=1&verbose=0

Which takes you what is shown on the attached image. It is unrealistic in that it is 3 books in 1, whereas your search will be 1 book at a time. It is meant to be educational for you.

Note the "IGNORECASE" plus the "DOTALL".

EPOM can easily do this.

JS's regex search assumes MULTILINE, and not DOTALL.

EPOM lets you use whatever you want.

Added: You might want to change the [»]*(.+)[«]* to be [»](.+)[«] instead after you learn what the * does by reading the Cheat-sheet at the bottom of Pythex. The second value is highly specific to your example.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	regular_expressions_with_ignorecase_and_dotall_examples_3_books_in_1_test.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	310.3 KB
ID:	200660  

Last edited by DaltonST; 03-28-2023 at 11:45 AM.
Old 03-27-2023, 04:12 PM   #960
Wiggo
Leftutti

I will try it tomorrow

How can I buy you a beer now?

Tags
author aka, author pen name, colors, toolbag, toolbox, tools