Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 11-20-2020, 12:44 PM   #1
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
KOReader and Calibre OPDS file formats

Well, that's embarrassing. After writing this long post it just started working w/o me doing anything... no idea why it only offered me AZW3 the dozen or so times that I tried before... :/ So, now I have a new question, which is probably a big stretch, and probably not possible...

Is there any way to remotely trigger Calibre to do a conversion on the fly when making an OPDS request?

~~~~~ OLD QUESTION ~~~~~

Not sure if this is a Calibre question, KOReader question, or limitation of the OPDS protocol, but thought that I'd start here.

When connecting to the Calibre OPDS server from KOReader and select a book from my library that has more than one format, I'm not offered an option to select the format. The book that I want to download now was purchased from Amazon, so it's in azw3 format, but KOReader apparently doesn't support that, so I converted to epub, but the OPDS interface only offers me the single file format to download.
  • Is this a limitation in the KOReader UI? Is there some way to get it to prompt which format I want?
  • Is this a limitation in Calibre? Can I configure which file format to default to?
  • Is this a limitation of the OPDS protocol, only supporting a single file? If so, well, hopefully there's a good answer to one of the previous two bullets.

Thanks!

Last edited by twowheels; 11-20-2020 at 12:48 PM.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 12:53 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
There's a button for each supported format in the download popup.

AZW3 *should* be in there, it's certainly in the list, unless the mime type went crazy and nobody noticed because azw3 ;p.

EDIT: Yup, worksforme.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 12:56 PM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And to answer the new question: not that I know of, it's essentially a snapshot of the db at a fixed state (i.e., think of it as a frontend to a static fileserver).

A Calibre smart device connection *will* handle that, though, but you need to be able to interact with the host Calibre's GUI to initiate the transfer.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-20-2020 at 04:42 PM.
Old 11-20-2020, 01:09 PM   #4
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
There's a button for each supported format in the download popup.

AZW3 *should* be in there, it's certainly in the list, unless the mime type went crazy and nobody noticed because azw3 ;p.

EDIT: Yup, worksforme.
Yeah, it's working as you described now. For some reason I was only getting one button for a long time, after multiple attempts. Strange.
Old 11-20-2020, 04:43 PM   #5
NiLuJe
BLAM!

There may be some caching shenanigans at play. Or... something ^^.

That codepath mostly works, but is not particularly robust (I tend to find giant gaping bugs in the very first thing I check every time someone asks something about it ;p).
Old 11-20-2020, 05:28 PM   #6
twowheels
Wizard

I know how that feels!

I've been trying to familiarize myself with the codebase and have been reading the github diffs to see what's changing, hoping to start contributing some time in the future, though my normal day job and other hobbies keep me so busy that I don't really have much time, so no promises.