Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 07-14-2010, 06:47 PM   #1
Fitz
Fitz began at the beginning.

Device: Ipod touch
Feature request: CSS style application

I'm new to the forum, so apologies if this has been covered already.

I'm finding Sigil extremely useful for basic formatting and organisation, but what I'd find really useful would be some way of applying styles from the embedded stylesheet to text while in book view.

What I envision is something like this: Sigil reads the stylesheet and populates a drop-down list with all the classes found therein. The user selects a block or string of text, and applies the appropriate style by clicking on it in the list; the display is then updated to reflect the change in formatting. I guess there might have to be some facility to determine whether the style is applied as a DIV or SPAN too.

I'm not a programmer, so I don't know if this would be insanely difficult to implement or not... but I've got my fingers crossed
Fitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 08:16 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
I'm new to the forum, so apologies if this has been covered already.

I'm finding Sigil extremely useful for basic formatting and organisation, but what I'd find really useful would be some way of applying styles from the embedded stylesheet to text while in book view.

What I envision is something like this: Sigil reads the stylesheet and populates a drop-down list with all the classes found therein. The user selects a block or string of text, and applies the appropriate style by clicking on it in the list; the display is then updated to reflect the change in formatting. I guess there might have to be some facility to determine whether the style is applied as a DIV or SPAN too.

I'm not a programmer, so I don't know if this would be insanely difficult to implement or not... but I've got my fingers crossed
I had a similar idea...But... The Gottcha.

What does the style do?
Some styles are used in clusters?.
Code:
class="stylea stylec foostyle"
I started commenting the stylesheet when I figured one out.
If somehow the style tool could pick up the comment on the same line as the declaration and use it as a balloon help tip
Code:
.offcenterL{  /* fudge centered text Left */
But this is not a standard usage
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2010, 08:59 AM   #3
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Aura 2, iPhone, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
Look at Kompozer, a WYSIWYG HTML editor based on Mozilla. It does have the possibility to attach classes from your CSS (internal or external) to elements with a GUI drop down menu. It isn't based upon Webkit, however (I think). So how difficult it would be depends on Webkit I suppose.
pietvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 03:22 AM   #4
Fitz
Fitz began at the beginning.

Device: Ipod touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by pietvo View Post
Look at Kompozer, a WYSIWYG HTML editor based on Mozilla. It does have the possibility to attach classes from your CSS (internal or external) to elements with a GUI drop down menu. It isn't based upon Webkit, however (I think). So how difficult it would be depends on Webkit I suppose.
I have no problem doing it with an unpacked epub, Dreamweaver does the trick just fine with html or xhtml. I was looking rather for some way to do the job without having to first unpack the epub.
Fitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 06:36 AM   #5
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
This is already tracked on the tracker.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
feature request, styles