Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2020, 12:45 AM   #46
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thasaidon View Post
Hope you get well soon. Hopefully you can at least play with your children until you are well again.
sadly all i can do is lie in bed on one side. doc says it will take 4-5 days fot the inflammation and pain to recede.
Old 07-18-2020, 05:46 AM   #47
Kismatt
lowly peon
Kismatt began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy A7, Win10 Tab, Paperwhite (7th Gen), Paperwhite (10th Gen)
Oh no! Feel better, Kovid!
Advert
Old 07-18-2020, 12:30 PM   #48
mirage
Zealot
mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: OnePlus 6 phone, Kobo Clara HD, Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
sadly all i can do is lie in bed on one side. doc says it will take 4-5 days fot the inflammation and pain to recede.
Not fun. I've been there. Feel better soon.
Old 07-18-2020, 12:33 PM   #49
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Oh no. Falls are not good.
Old 07-18-2020, 03:50 PM   #50
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Feel better soon Kovid! Thanks for your hard work with Calibre!
Advert
Old 07-21-2020, 11:47 AM   #51
Terry Brown
Enthusiast
Terry Brown began at the beginning.

Device: M1 Max Mac Studio, iPad Pro 2018 12.9, iPhone 7
I have been using the Beta for a few days. I am running macOS Catalina 10.15.6.

Calibre version is 4.99.7

I am unable to use drag and drop to set tags as I was able to do with 4.2.

Drag and drop for me in Calibre has always been somewhat tempermental. I have to click and hold for some time (> one second??) to get the book to drag. Then I drag it to the proper tag.

I have been unable to make this work at all in the Beta. Regardless of how long I hold the initial click without moving, when I start the drag, Calibre doesn't drag the book entry. Instead it selects multiple books, line by line.

Has anything changed on this?
Old 07-21-2020, 12:20 PM   #52
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Terry Brown: No the only difference is an update to the version of Qt bundled with calibre. Note that dragging multiple things in macOS is broken, because of https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-78264
Old 07-21-2020, 12:21 PM   #53
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Thanks, all. I am getting better now. Can sit and work for a few hours at a time. And regarding the discussion, I am looking into implementing the selection bar. If its not too painful it will be in the next beta.
Old 07-21-2020, 04:57 PM   #54
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Thanks, all. I am getting better now. Can sit and work for a few hours at a time. And regarding the discussion, I am looking into implementing the selection bar. If its not too painful it will be in the next beta.
Glad you are getting better. Look forward to when you are fully better.
Old 07-23-2020, 11:47 AM   #55
Terry Brown
Enthusiast
Terry Brown began at the beginning.

Device: M1 Max Mac Studio, iPad Pro 2018 12.9, iPhone 7
It must be the upgraded Qt that is breaking drag and drop for me. To be clear, I cannot drag and drop even a single item from the book list to the tag list.
Old 07-23-2020, 12:21 PM   #56
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I tried dragging a single book from the book list to a tag in the tag browser on my catalina machine with 4.99.7 and it worked. Qt went from 14.1 to 14.2 between 4.20 and 4.99.7
Old 07-25-2020, 12:50 AM   #57
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
Would you please improve the function of Metadata page under Control Panel > Go To > Metadata? (I'm talking about Content Server's Viewer). If possible, I'd like to browse the library by tapping on Tags, Authors, Series... Edit is nice too. As I often have to search for the book again in the Library just to change some tags, enter Comments, and Ratings.
Old 07-26-2020, 07:54 AM   #58
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Have uploaded version 4.99.8 It has the much requested selection popup bar and a button to export highlights fixes all reported bugs. Note that for the disappearing/moving highlights, the previously disappeared/moved ones will not reappear but it should not happen again with newly created ones.

https://download.calibre-ebook.com/betas/
Old 07-26-2020, 10:16 AM   #59
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Have uploaded version 4.99.8 It has the much requested selection popup bar and a button to export highlights fixes all reported bugs. Note that for the disappearing/moving highlights, the previously disappeared/moved ones will not reappear but it should not happen again with newly created ones.

https://download.calibre-ebook.com/betas/
Great! I'm testing it right now. The new popup bar is great.

Some points:

1) Suggestion: add a button to erase a highlight on the popup bar (when a highlight is selected). Right now, the erase button is only present after pressing "Adjust selection" (or Esc on the Edit highlight window).
2) Suggestion: allow selecting multiple highlights on "Browse highlights".
3) Suggestion: allow deleting highlights on "Browse highlights" on main calibre.
4) Suggestion: allow deleting all highlights of a book. On "Browse highlights", when selecting the book, instead of a particular highlight, deletes all highlights of that book .
5) Suggestion: the "Export" button should be also available on "Browse highlights" on main calibre.
6) Bug: Restrict to type dropdown menu not working. I added a bookmark and a couple of highlights/notes. I still I can't select the dropdown menu (before or after the search). Right now, it searchs only for highlights.
7) Bug: when searching on "Browse highlights", there are some characters that causes an error. Examples: * / % & #. This is the error message:
Spoiler:
Code:
calibre, version 4.99.8
ERRO: Exceção sem tratamento: <b>FTSQueryError</b>:Failed to parse search query: / with error: SQLError: fts5: syntax error near "/"

calibre 4.99.8 Portable embedded-python: True is64bit: False
Windows-10-10.0.19041-SP0 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process running on 64bit windows
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19041')
Python 3.8.3
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19041', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: pt_BR
Successfully initialized third party plugins: ACE (1, 1, 0) && Skoob Books (1, 4, 0) && Skoob Sync (0, 3, 4)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\db\backend.py", line 1807, in search_annotations
  File "site-packages\calibre\db\backend.py", line 921, in execute
apsw.SQLError: SQLError: fts5: syntax error near "/"

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\library\annotations.py", line 315, in show_next
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\library\annotations.py", line 303, in do_find
  File "site-packages\calibre\db\cache.py", line 63, in call_func_with_lock
  File "site-packages\calibre\db\cache.py", line 2330, in search_annotations
  File "site-packages\calibre\db\backend.py", line 1824, in search_annotations
calibre.db.backend.FTSQueryError: Failed to parse search query: / with error: SQLError: fts5: syntax error near "/"
Old 07-26-2020, 10:38 AM   #60
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

1) I dont think erasing highlights is a common enough operation to merit a special icon in the bar, I want to keep the bar small and simple

2) Why? What do you want to do after selecting multiple highlights? Erase them is about the only thing I can think of

3-4) Again why the need for deleting highlights. If you highlight something, it is presumably something you find important, hence deleting them should be relatively rare.

5) What would be the point of exporting highlights for multiple books together?

6) OK will look at that

7) Yes those are special characters that allow for more sophisticated searches such as prefix searches etc. I have to write it up or add a link to the docs for it.
Closed Thread