Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-18-2016, 05:16 PM   #1
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Some Books Loaded, Some Books Not

I am working on a project where I've loaded some of the reference books into Calibre, but haven't loaded others.

Right now, I have to (1) open Calibre for the books I've loaded into Calibre, and I have to open the relevant folder for the books I haven't loaded.

I can see 3 other ways of working this. (2) Export the ones in Calibre back out, and try not to re-import them later. (3) Export an alias of the ones in Calibre. I don't think it's possible yet, and I don't know whether the same tool would work in OS X, Linux, and Windows. (4) Import everything into Calibre.

Has anyone else found another solution?
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 05:53 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
MarjaE - on Windows shortcut files (.LNK) can be added to books - Drag-n-Drop works best.

My understanding is that OSX Aliases are an analogue of Windows Shortcuts, so DnD of an Alias file from Finder to Calibre Book List or Book Details 'should' work.

In Windows if I click on the .LNK file in Book Details or select it from the View specific format list, Windows kicks in and does the right thing - i.e. it opens the LNK target with the default handler for the target file type. Hopefully OSX does the same for an Alias file.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibre, file organization, library management