Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 04-02-2010, 09:50 PM   #1
Tricorp
Enthusiast
Tricorp writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Tricorp writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Tricorp writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Tricorp writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Tricorp writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Tricorp writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Tricorp writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Tricorp writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Tricorp writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Tricorp writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Tricorp writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle
Post Blood Orbit, a Sci-Fi novel now just $1.99

Blood Orbit, a Science Fiction Mystery novella by John Derderian, was published by my company Tricorp Publishing. I am really excited about it, it is a great short read for anyone who is into Science Fiction or who loves a good murder mystery. And now it is half off, just 1.99 for a limited time.
Here is the blurb:
Ted spends most of his days relaxing on his interplanetary trips as an indie space shipper. His independent status keeps him safe from the constant wars that play out at almost every port of call. He has a good friends and little to worry about.
That is until he wakes up to discover his copilot brutally murdered. Ted could not think of any reason someone would want to kill his friend. More importantly, he has no idea who the murderer could be, since he is alone on that ship.
Ted has until planetfall at Jupiter to come up with the answer. Otherwise, the authorities there—the tyrannical megacorporations who controlled travel around the Solar System—will pin the murder on him. In the meantime, the real murderer could still be on his ship...
Or was the answer the obvious one—that the murderer was Ted himself?

Check it out on Tricorppublishing.com or here on Amazon or Smashwords. On all three sites it is reasonably priced at 1.99.

It is not everyday that you see the Sci-Fi/ Mystery mix, and it is worth your time to check it out.

Last edited by Tricorp; 05-28-2010 at 12:16 AM.
Tricorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:02 PM   #2
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Thanks for the head sup! It's actually US$5.99 in Canada and I suppose most places outside of the continental US. I have, however, order the sample chapter.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:27 PM   #3
Tricorp
Enthusiast
Tricorp writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Tricorp writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Tricorp writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Tricorp writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Tricorp writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Tricorp writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Tricorp writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Tricorp writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Tricorp writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Tricorp writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Tricorp writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Sorry about that, I feel bad for the international markets on the Kindle store. They seem to randomly overprice books for those markets. What about Smashwords? What pricing do you see there?
Old 04-02-2010, 10:51 PM   #4
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MR, Tricorp.

I read the short sample at smashwords, and it does sound interesting.

I noticed that the author's name is not listed. Did you know that you can list both an author and the publisher for the book? Check out BeWrite Books (MR member neilmarr) at smashwords to see the listing of both author and publisher for customers.

Will you be publishing other novels?
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 12:23 AM   #5
Tricorp
Enthusiast

Thanks for pointing that out, dreams, I will fix that so John's name appears as the author.
We will be publishing other novels, we plan on having a contest every month were the winner gets publication. Our next contest ends April 16th, I would encourage you to enter, but it looks like you already have your own publisher.
Old 04-03-2010, 02:11 AM   #6
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricorp View Post

Check it out on Tricorppublishing.com

It is not everyday that you see the Sci-Fi/ Mystery mix, and it is worth your time to check it out.
Firefox can't find your tricorps server.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 03:22 AM   #7
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Try this : http://tricorppublishing.com/default.aspx
Old 04-03-2010, 03:42 AM   #8
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Thanks kindly. That works.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 11:14 AM   #9
Tricorp
Enthusiast

Thanks dreams, you are all kinds of helpful on this thread.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:42 AM   #10
Tricorp
Enthusiast

The ebook just got its first review on Amazon.com, five stars! Read it yourself to decide if you agree.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:30 PM   #11
Tricorp
Enthusiast

I still have not gotten a review on Smashwords, should I worry about that? I know Amazon is more popular, but I have gotten several sales from Smashwords too and still no reviews. Is that community just different?
Old 04-09-2010, 01:23 AM   #12
dreams
It's about the umbrella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricorp View Post
I still have not gotten a review on Smashwords, should I worry about that? I know Amazon is more popular, but I have gotten several sales from Smashwords too and still no reviews. Is that community just different?
In my opinion the community is different at smashwords (no geographic restrictions and multiple formats), which means worldwide. I have friends with Kindles who browse books at smashwords then purchase through amazon (mainly so they can whisper net it to their Kindle and keep everything in one place).

I purchase through smashwords, and sad to say, I'm not very good at writing reviews for the books I've read. I guess, I need to start writing reviews.

Hang in there, many people have long TBR (to be read) lists. A lot of times, when a member has read a book, it will be mentioned in other threads which reminds other members about the book. The same thing happens when an author member takes an active part in other threads on MR. We are reminded of the author's book to be read.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:19 PM   #13
Tricorp
Enthusiast

Thanks for the encoragement. It is always a little sad when everything is not as easy as you hope. At least this is a good story, as soon as enough people read it I am sure it will get very popular.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:22 AM   #14
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I have friends with Kindles who browse books at smashwords then purchase through amazon (mainly so they can whisper net it to their Kindle and keep everything in one place).
I sometimes get lazy like that...

Quote:
I purchase through smashwords, and sad to say, I'm not very good at writing reviews for the books I've read. I guess, I need to start writing reviews.
When there are reviews on Amazon, I read them, and then I might go to Smashwords to buy the book.

Quote:
Hang in there, many people have long TBR (to be read) lists. A lot of times, when a member has read a book, it will be mentioned in other threads which reminds other members about the book. The same thing happens when an author member takes an active part in other threads on MR. We are reminded of the author's book to be read.
I most write on here, when I finish a book.. I'm not much good at writing reviews.... Looking at the reviews written, much of it is 'woffle'... Probably not the right word..
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 10:40 PM   #15
Tricorp
Enthusiast

Woffle? I honestly have no idea what you are talking about.