Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-07-2020, 10:33 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Aura One, Glo HD
Amazon ebook Readers - Premium Cases (Noreve, Oberon, Amazon, Hand and Hide Leather)

I've ordered 4 cases from Noreve over the years. My latest purchase was for my new Oasis 3. These are elegant leather cases. I enjoy dealing with this company and truly love their products. They're located in France, and they ship worldwide for free.

I once had an Oberon leather case, one I purchased for my Kindle 2. I found it rather too bulky, but it was a beautiful case. They have quite a large variety of designs to choose from.

I also purchased Amazon's lower-priced leather case for my Oasis 3, just so I would have a choice to switch out whenever I felt the desire to do so. The leather is rather on the slim side, but their cases are light-weight. I've never owned their top-of-the-line leather case. (Reports, anyone?)

I've also never owned a leather case from Hand and Hide Leather. One member here reports great satisfaction with his/her purchase.

Anyone have additional experiences with premium leather cases?

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 07-07-2020 at 10:36 PM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 04:28 PM   #2
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Paperwhite 3
Personally, I don't like leather and avoid it. If they were cheaper and didn't secure the kindle with little elastics over the corners, I'd purchase the ones which look like books, such as the Verso and Klevercase covers.

As it is, I use Finitie covers.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 06:01 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Aura One, Glo HD
I cant help you with the cheaper part, but I understand what you mean.

However, Noreve (and Amazon) do not use hooks or straps or elastics. (I sound like a 1960s commercial on girdles.)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 07:10 PM   #4
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Forma, LibraH20, AuraH20, Mini, Oasis3, Voyage, Nova2, Tab S5e, Nexus7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I cant help you with the cheaper part, but I understand what you mean.

However, Noreve (and Amazon) do not use hooks or straps or elastics. (I sound like a 1960s commercial on girdles.)
I use Amazon's premium leather cover for both the Voyage and the Oasis3. The Voyage's leather cover is quite different from the Oasis in terms of leather type and design. Over time, depending on how it is used, it (Voyage cover) can become slightly weathered (as in Bomber jacket), or not weathered at all. It also has that wonderful light leather scent and origami design. The Oasis premium leather is slightly thinner, fits beautifully with no bulk and has a slight leather scent. The covers are very nice and durable as well. Additionally, I have owned Noreve covers and they are indeed well-made but I found too bulky for my liking.

Personally, I thoroughly enjoy the feel of the premium leather cover on my ereaders but not everyone does.

Just my two cents.

Patricia
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote