Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-07-2020, 10:33 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Amazon ebook Readers - Premium Cases (Noreve, Oberon, Amazon, Hand and Hide Leather)

I've ordered 4 cases from Noreve over the years. My latest purchase was for my new Oasis 3. These are elegant leather cases. I enjoy dealing with this company and truly love their products. They're located in France, and they ship worldwide for free.

I once had an Oberon leather case, one I purchased for my Kindle 2. I found it rather too bulky, but it was a beautiful case. They have quite a large variety of designs to choose from.

I also purchased Amazon's lower-priced leather case for my Oasis 3, just so I would have a choice to switch out whenever I felt the desire to do so. The leather is rather on the slim side, but their cases are light-weight. I've never owned their top-of-the-line leather case. (Reports, anyone?)

I've also never owned a leather case from Hand and Hide Leather. One member here reports great satisfaction with his/her purchase.

Anyone have additional experiences with premium leather cases?

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 07-07-2020 at 10:36 PM.
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 04:28 PM   #2
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Personally, I don't like leather and avoid it. If they were cheaper and didn't secure the kindle with little elastics over the corners, I'd purchase the ones which look like books, such as the Verso and Klevercase covers.

As it is, I use Finitie covers.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 06:01 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I cant help you with the cheaper part, but I understand what you mean.

However, Noreve (and Amazon) do not use hooks or straps or elastics. (I sound like a 1960s commercial on girdles.)
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 07:10 PM   #4
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I cant help you with the cheaper part, but I understand what you mean.

However, Noreve (and Amazon) do not use hooks or straps or elastics. (I sound like a 1960s commercial on girdles.)
I use Amazon's premium leather cover for both the Voyage and the Oasis3. The Voyage's leather cover is quite different from the Oasis in terms of leather type and design. Over time, depending on how it is used, it (Voyage cover) can become slightly weathered (as in Bomber jacket), or not weathered at all. It also has that wonderful light leather scent and origami design. The Oasis premium leather is slightly thinner, fits beautifully with no bulk and has a slight leather scent. The covers are very nice and durable as well. Additionally, I have owned Noreve covers and they are indeed well-made but I found too bulky for my liking.

Personally, I thoroughly enjoy the feel of the premium leather cover on my ereaders but not everyone does.

Just my two cents.

Patricia
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 04:35 AM   #5
rapidblue
Connoisseur
rapidblue began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 / Kindle Voyage / Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
I use Amazon's premium leather cover for both the Voyage and the Oasis3. The Voyage's leather cover is quite different from the Oasis in terms of leather type and design. Over time, depending on how it is used, it (Voyage cover) can become slightly weathered (as in Bomber jacket), or not weathered at all. It also has that wonderful light leather scent and origami design. The Oasis premium leather is slightly thinner, fits beautifully with no bulk and has a slight leather scent. The covers are very nice and durable as well. Additionally, I have owned Noreve covers and they are indeed well-made but I found too bulky for my liking.

Personally, I thoroughly enjoy the feel of the premium leather cover on my ereaders but not everyone does.

Just my two cents.

Patricia
Hey there Patricia,

How has your premium leather case on your Oasis 3 held up? Apparently, they develop their own "character" over time. I'm tempted to get one, but would love your personal opinion after using one for a while
rapidblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 02:10 PM   #6
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
I have a new Paperwhite.

I would like to pick up an inexpensive cover for when I take it out of the house.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 08:15 PM   #7
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
I bought an Oberon journal cover years ago that I use for my Sony PRS-650, a beautiful, though expensive, red dragon design. Device stays firmly contained if I tie the cord tightly.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 09:52 PM   #8
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I've had good luck with cheap "PU leather" (AKA cheap textured plastic that feels nothing like leather) hard cases like this (not for the latest paperwhite) one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FVU5VJE
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 09:53 PM   #9
LDB
Baker Street Irregular
LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PaperWhite 5, Aura One, Glowlight Plus, Scribe, Sage
To me the Fintie easel case is by far the "premium" case, not because it is top grain leather or diamond studded or whatever but because it does a good job protecting and more importantly it offers multiple options for stand-up reading.
LDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 12:59 AM   #10
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
I've had good luck with cheap "PU leather" (AKA cheap textured plastic that feels nothing like leather) hard cases like this (not for the latest paperwhite) one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FVU5VJE
Thanks bh!

I found the Omoton for the current Paperwhite here, and as you can see, many report that the corners soon disintegrate, so I guess I'll wait till they upgrade their quality control for this model.

https://smile.amazon.com/OMOTON-Pape...dp/B07M63SHL4/

I have looked at three others which go for $10.99, and they don't seem very appealling either! Maybe I should wait until the spring when the weather gets nice, and look for something then.

Last edited by GA Russell; 10-31-2020 at 01:05 AM.
Old 10-31-2020, 01:45 AM   #11
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I mean, they're reasonably protective and if they get messed up, it's not *that* big of a deal because it's fairly cheap.

I didn't necessarily mean that one, though, there are others with a reasonably similar design.
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 03:19 PM   #12
CathyA
Zealot
CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Thanks bh!

I found the Omoton for the current Paperwhite here, and as you can see, many report that the corners soon disintegrate, so I guess I'll wait till they upgrade their quality control for this model.

https://smile.amazon.com/OMOTON-Pape...dp/B07M63SHL4/

I have looked at three others which go for $10.99, and they don't seem very appealling either! Maybe I should wait until the spring when the weather gets nice, and look for something then.
My experience has been that I have to replace any of the cheap Kindle covers after a couple of years. I carry my Kindle around in my purse, backpack or carry-on bag. It gets a lot of use and the covers do get worn as they rub on things. They are protecting my Kindle from all that abuse, so I just factor in that they are going to wear out a lot faster than the device itself and plan to buy a new one whenever that happens.
CathyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 06:25 PM   #13
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

Thanks again bh and to Cathy as well!