Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-16-2014, 06:49 AM   #1
Ykes
Ykes began at the beginning.

Device: ipad (iBooks and Bluefire reader)
Angry Adding cover image i calibre

I am new to this forum and from Denmark and hope you can help me with this problem.

I have exported a epub book from pages on iMac. Then I added a cover image in calibre, so the first page in ibooks would be a copy of the cover art. It worked fine on the iPad, but when i tried to upload this new file to iTunes, i got this problem:

Package Summary:

1 package(s) were not uploaded because they had problems:
/Users/MayComputer/Documents/Bog udgivelser/Andreas_1900.itmsp - Error Messages:
Apple's web service operation was not successful
Unable to authenticate the package: Andreas_1900.itmsp
ERROR ITMS-9000: "Andreas-1900-1920-v2-Arne_May-1.epub: OPS/toc.xhtml(10): element "nav" not allowed anywhere; expected the element end-tag, text or element "a", "abbr", "acronym", "address", "applet", "b", "bdo", "big", "blockquote", "br", "cite", "code", "del", "dfn", "div", "dl", "em", "h1", "h2", "h3", "h4", "h5", "h6", "hr", "i", "iframe", "img", "ins", "kbd", "map", "noscript", "ns:svg", "object", "ol", "p", "pre", "q", "samp", "script", "small", "span", "strong", "sub", "sup", "table", "tt", "ul" or "var" (with xmlns:ns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"). This error occurs 2 times." at Book (MZItmspBookPackage)

Can anybody tell me what this means.
I am not good at HTML coding.
Ykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 10:51 AM   #2
Ykes
Ykes began at the beginning.

Device: ipad (iBooks and Bluefire reader)
Remarks on Itunes connect

On iTunes connect it says:
Create a Multi-Touch book Author, opt create a book in the EPUB file format with tools such as Pages. Note that some tools, such as calibre, don't create compliant EPUB files.
Ykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 11:25 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
If you have a NAV tag in TOC.xhtml , someone has mixed a NCX tag into that file.

Believe me, Calibre did not do that.

The Calibre editor can generate a proper HTML (inline) TOC from a valid NCX

Also note: Calibre does make a compliant EPUB2

Calibre does not make a APPLE perfect, APPLE variant of EPUB
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre 1.24.0, cover image, imac, pages