Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-15-2009, 10:15 PM   #1
Katep
Katep began at the beginning.

Device: prs700
help my reader froze

Hi guys I had just converted 2 books and put them on the player I took the usb cable out and turned off my laptop only to see my player was stuck on the screen that has contiue reading collections audio and books

I looked on here tried the reset button nothing happened it stayed froze up now its just came back on on its own and went to the welcome to your reader screen the opening page I guess

any ideas on why it froze I am guessing me pressing reset fixed it but why did it take 10 mins to react
Katep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 01:41 AM   #2
Coreman
Coreman began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
My 600 froze when I was quickly flipping through some pages...I didn't try the reset as I didn't know about it then however about (3) hours later I checked and it had shut down on it's own. After that it worked fine...I'm not sure it actually "locked" up but I think the processor slowed down significantly while processing too many inputs. I think it just appears the reader "locks" up when it is actually just running extremely slow.
Coreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2009, 05:45 AM   #3
eksor
Connoisseur
eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs700, i-mate JAMin, smartq v7, GeeksPhone Zero, iPad 3rd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katep View Post
Hi guys I had just converted 2 books and put them on the player I took the usb cable out and turned off my laptop only to see my player was stuck on the screen that has contiue reading collections audio and books

I looked on here tried the reset button nothing happened it stayed froze up now its just came back on on its own and went to the welcome to your reader screen the opening page I guess

any ideas on why it froze I am guessing me pressing reset fixed it but why did it take 10 mins to react
After the reset turn it ON, otherwise the screen does not change.

Tell us if it works.

Regards
eksor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:07 AM   #4
Katep
Katep began at the beginning.

Device: prs700
it was always on it just had the screen on where you have books collections settings and stuff nothing else would work not on off not the bottons not even the back light it just sort of came to life on its own I have only had my 700 for 3 days so not sure 100% on it yet
Katep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 06:07 AM   #5
eksor
Connoisseur
eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs700, i-mate JAMin, smartq v7, GeeksPhone Zero, iPad 3rd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katep View Post
it was always on it just had the screen on where you have books collections settings and stuff nothing else would work not on off not the bottons not even the back light it just sort of came to life on its own I have only had my 700 for 3 days so not sure 100% on it yet
I'm sorry but I must insist, I really hope that this helps, I had mine frozen because a bad sd and I was really disappointed.

As I said before, doesn't matter if you have your reader on. After a reset, to refresh the screen you must turn it ON again. The e-ink screen does not need power to keep visible the text/images only to change from one to another. It last about a minute or so to boot, be patient.

Goof luck.
eksor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2009, 06:14 AM   #6
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
You need a mains charger, Katep. The USB isn't an effective charger and the device's battery meter is overoptimistic. A mains charger solved all similar problems for me. Never a hitch since. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote