Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-27-2008, 10:37 AM   #1
jlafloridausa
jlafloridausa began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Question Can't access Sony e-book library

Hi All: I just received a Sony e-book reader for Xmas. I loaded the CD version 2.2 that came with the reader.When I tried accessing the Sony e-book library I got the message "Unable to access e-book store". I went to the Sony site and downloaded the version 2.5 and still received the same message. Has anyone had a similar problem. This is disapointing. I have a neat looking device but can't use it to download books to read!!

Last edited by jlafloridausa; 12-27-2008 at 10:39 AM.
jlafloridausa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 11:43 AM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlafloridausa View Post
Hi All: I just received a Sony e-book reader for Xmas. I loaded the CD version 2.2 that came with the reader.When I tried accessing the Sony e-book library I got the message "Unable to access e-book store". I went to the Sony site and downloaded the version 2.5 and still received the same message. Has anyone had a similar problem. This is disapointing. I have a neat looking device but can't use it to download books to read!!
Are you running a fire wall?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2008, 08:31 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi jlafloridausa and welcome to the Forum.

I had a similar problem and ultimately solved it by calling Sony Customer Support. When they couldn't figure it out, they elevated me to what they call Level 2. Anyway, the chap I talked to there figured it out and resolved it. So you might try this approach.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 12:25 PM   #4
jlafloridausa
jlafloridausa began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Are you running a fire wall?

BOb
Yes - The Sony e-book library access problem fix works with my firewall and with Norton Internet Protection software running in full security mode. I have accessed the Sony ebook library store several times already and purchased several ebooks.
jlafloridausa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 01:34 PM   #5
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlafloridausa View Post
Yes - The Sony e-book library access problem fix works with my firewall and with Norton Internet Protection software running in full security mode. I have accessed the Sony ebook library store several times already and purchased several ebooks.
Once you can connect it is really not a bad experience
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2008, 08:37 AM   #6
novascotiareader
novascotiareader began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700
Hi - I'm just a newbie and my downloading experience is very limited. But even though I successfully downloaded one book from the sony site, and could access it most of the time, I couldn't download any more books until I turned off my firewall and antivirus/antispyware.

So for any others having similar issues, I just wanted to note that even if access works sometimes, problems could still be firewall issues.
novascotiareader is offline   Reply With Quote