Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-13-2011, 05:36 AM   #1
granturissimus
Enthusiast
granturissimus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Backing up highlights/notes/bookmarks on Kindle 3

i reset my kindle 3 once, and it deleted all my highlights and notes as well as books. i put the books back but all the notes were gone.

how do i backup my highlights and notes so that if i reset my kindle back to factory setting that i can get those things back again?

i notice in the kindle there is an option for "annotation backup" which i enabled. does that mean my notes/highlights/bookmarks/page numbers are all stored on the amazon cloud and can be retrieved if my kindle is reset?
granturissimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:55 AM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
It is very rare that someone has to do a factory reset. Normally, a soft reset is sufficient to fix problems.

If you have annotations syncing turned on, and have sync'ed since you made the notes/highlights, when you re-download the book, the highlights should be there.

Otherwise, you would have to back up the files on your Kindle, along with the .mbp files that contain the annotations.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert