Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-25-2011, 09:25 PM   #46
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydive View Post
Thanks !! I did it, during the upgrade process, there was and image s error, everything just install ok....

thanks!

What is poterm?
It's a terminal program for pocketbook devices that gives you shell access (i.e linux commandline interface) to the device. You type in the commands with the software keyboard. It is useful for debugging problems with the device if you're comfortable with a Unix environment.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 03:22 AM   #47
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Has anybody realized DRM doesn't work anymore? At least in the european version I can't open any protected book.
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2011, 06:02 AM   #48
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Pocketbook 902 Ver 2.1.3, Virgin Nook STR & Rooted Nook Color CM7
yep!! thats also happends to me . I just deDRM the file and copied again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
Has anybody realized DRM doesn't work anymore? At least in the european version I can't open any protected book.
skydive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:32 AM   #49
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Pocketbook 902 Ver 2.1.3, Virgin Nook STR & Rooted Nook Color CM7
@troll05

I just found out that if you download .ascm file to download your ebook, you have to have a adobe id and password and perform download on the pb902. In tat case your are authorizing your device for ADE content, or do dedrm with tools not available in this forum(not permitted)
skydive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:52 AM   #50
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydive View Post
@troll05

I just found out that if you download .ascm file to download your ebook, you have to have a adobe id and password and perform download on the pb902. In tat case your are authorizing your device for ADE content, or do dedrm with tools not available in this forum(not permitted)
I'm authorized with ADE for quite some time now and it worked absolutely flawless on 2.0.3. I even downgraded to the old firmware to check yesterday, and after going back to 2.0.4 I purchased a new book and transferred it via ADE to my reader, which would have re-authorized my device in case it was corrupted by the upgrade and still I can't open it.
This, and the fact that other members of this bord also have the same problem leads to the conclusion PB has f...up the new firmware
Advert
Old 01-26-2011, 12:46 PM   #51
OphReader
Connoisseur
OphReader began at the beginning.

Device: 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
This, and the fact that other members of this bord also have the same problem leads to the conclusion PB has f...up the new firmware
What else is new? The next update 2.0.5 is probably fixing the new bugs introduced in 2.0.4 instead of adding new features or something.
OphReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:33 PM   #52
troll05
Harmless idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by OphReader View Post
What else is new? The next update 2.0.5 is probably fixing the new bugs introduced in 2.0.4 instead of adding new features or something.
I would guess it will be more of a downgrade, adding some new bugs without fixing the old ones, and adding some features nobody needs (e.g. a turning hourglass for "waiting") while removing something important (e.g. all vowels in EPUB Formats)

But maybe I'm nasty, and they only received the "Wanted new features / Bugs to fix" list inverted, so they added the nice looking keybord instead of the PDF annotation feature or a better browser and created the "Anti DRM feature" while wondering about their customers strange demands
Old 01-26-2011, 04:47 PM   #53
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I found out that LoneTech's poterm.app stopped working because the games directory no longer exists under the new firmware version. Thankfully, LoneTech provided the poterm source code he used to build the app, and I was able to change the default location to /mnt/ext1/applications for the poterm.ini and poterm.log files. The application runs properly after that, including using the new, prettier keyboard. So it wasn't a problem with his SDK, but rather the new filesystem layout.

I've attached a zip file with the modified poterm.app and poterm.ini files. Copy both to the applications directory if you want to use them. This version doesn't have the menu hack for rotating the display, so hopefully LoneTech will update his versions on his server for that. I changed the default orientation to portrait because I like that better, but it can be changed by editing the poterm.ini file and setting the preferred orientation there.

Thanks again to LoneTech for providing his SDK and poterm code.
Attached Files
File Type: zip poterm.zip (19.3 KB, 923 views)
Old 01-27-2011, 06:11 AM   #54
LoneTech
Zealot
LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.

Device: PocketBook Pro 903
In the meantime you could probably just create a games directory also, and put the ini file there. atango posted in message #11 in this thread how to change to menu key.
I haven't installed that firmware revision myself, and find it poor form of PB to not even bother updating release numbers. And sloppy to break DRM, but I kind of expect that. Its purpose is to stop things from working, after all.
LoneTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:30 AM   #55
rkomar
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneTech View Post
In the meantime you could probably just create a games directory also, and put the ini file there. atango posted in message #11 in this thread how to change to menu key.
I haven't installed that firmware revision myself, and find it poor form of PB to not even bother updating release numbers. And sloppy to break DRM, but I kind of expect that. Its purpose is to stop things from working, after all.
I tried creating the games directory a few times to see if that would fix the problem, but the system automatically deleted it every time. What strange and unsettling behaviour!

And don't get me started on DRM.
Old 01-29-2011, 07:58 AM   #56
LoneTech
Zealot
LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.

Device: PocketBook Pro 903
Well, that's a rather serious bug then! Deleting things unasked is really bad, doing so repeatedly when we're not doing a firmware replacement is downright horrid. I think I'll be skipping this firmware downgrade.
LoneTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 12:16 PM   #57
Kaltenbrunner
Kaltenbrunner began at the beginning.

Device: PB903
Question Ubuntu 10.10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
Hi
The linux users can use it without virtual machine.

Installation:
1. Unpack;
2. Copy "usr" contents to /usr;
3. Copy (or link) "pocketbook_eabi" to /usr/local

Tested with ubuntu 10.04 and Debian lenny.
I am having trouble to use the SDK: When I try to compile the inkdemo-application I get linker errors due to use of shared object libraries. Since I am not used to work with shared object libraries it would be nice if anyone could help me.
I am trying to use the SDK on Ubuntu 10.10 on a virtual machine (it's the Quickstart 0.9 VM, i had it already installed for drupal development).

First I got the following error:
Code:
/usr/lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabi/4.1.3/../../../../arm-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld:/usr/arm-linux-gnueabi/lib/libc.so.6: file format not recognized; treating as linker script
/usr/lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabi/4.1.3/../../../../arm-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld:/usr/arm-linux-gnueabi/lib/libc.so.6:2: syntax error
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
I fixed it by changing libc.so.6 contents from
Code:
libc-2.7.so
to
Code:
INPUT(libc-2.7.so)
(Not sure if this is a correct move.)

On linking retry I get the following errors now:
Code:
/usr/lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabi/4.1.3/../../../../arm-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: warning: libdl.so.2, needed by /usr/local/pocketbook_eabi/lib/libinkview.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
/usr/lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabi/4.1.3/../../../../arm-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: warning: libpthread.so.0, needed by /usr/local/pocketbook_eabi/lib/libinkview.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
/usr/lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabi/4.1.3/../../../../arm-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: warning: libstdc++.so.6, needed by /usr/local/pocketbook_eabi/lib/libinkview.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
/usr/lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabi/4.1.3/../../../../arm-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: warning: libm.so.6, needed by /usr/local/pocketbook_eabi/lib/libinkview.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
Followed by a lot of "undefined reference" errors.

Any ideas how I could fix this?

Thanks!
Kaltenbrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 12:59 PM   #58
review
Addict
review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.

Device: 903
Hi Kaltenbrunner.

I think something went wrong when you copied the SDK. Please can you run the following two commands and post the output?

Code:
file /usr/arm-linux-gnueabi/lib/libc.so.6
and
Code:
ls -l /usr/arm-linux-gnueabi/lib/libc.so.6
thanks.
review is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 01:12 PM   #59
Kaltenbrunner
Kaltenbrunner began at the beginning.

Device: PB903
Quote:
Originally Posted by review View Post
Code:
file /usr/arm-linux-gnueabi/lib/libc.so.6
and
Code:
ls -l /usr/arm-linux-gnueabi/lib/libc.so.6
Hey,
the output is as follows:

1) /usr/arm-linux-gnueabi/lib/libc.so.6: ASCII text

2) -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 20 2011-02-06 11:09 /usr/arm-linux-gnueabi/lib/libc.so.6

Thanks!
Kaltenbrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 01:59 PM   #60
review
Addict
review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.

Device: 903
Yeah, that's wrong. Sergej's toolchain had there a symbolic link to libc-2.7.so. So this leaves two options: a) during the extraction process something went wrong or b) the filesystem you use doesn't allow symbolic links. Which filesystem did you use for / ?
review is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
development, eabi, sdk