Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-16-2010, 09:48 PM   #1
EatingPie
Blueberry!
EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (RIP); PRS-600 (Good Riddance); PRS-505; PRS-650; PRS-350
Sony Reader $99 on Black Friday Wal-Mart... Er... Crud! :(

Wal-Mart's Black Friday Ad is out, and they have "Sony Reader" at "$99 each." Sounds good, eh? Here's the catch.

Features:
* Carries up to 350 Titles
* E-Paper Technology
* reduces glare
#PRS300SC

Black friday just got a lot blacker! Because, yes, that's the discontinued model -- the picture is of the PRS-300 also -- not the new PRS-350. Sad sad sad. What makes it even worse, the last NIB PRS-300 I saw was at Target for $75.00. So it's discontinued, and a bad deal.

It is certainly possible this is a mistake, but I'm doubtful. And it's too bad, because Sony would have done well to put the PRS-350 on sale for this price.

-Pie
EatingPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 09:51 PM   #2
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
Considering Walmart hasn't discounted the 300 below $149, this is a deal. According to them, that is. The Walmarts around here haven't even acknowledged there IS a newer version.
mrscoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2010, 09:58 PM   #3
Doogman
Connoisseur
Doogman has learned how to read e-booksDoogman has learned how to read e-booksDoogman has learned how to read e-booksDoogman has learned how to read e-booksDoogman has learned how to read e-booksDoogman has learned how to read e-booksDoogman has learned how to read e-booksDoogman has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nook ST
If you look around, you can pick-up the newer 350 for $130 and it's a significant upgrade from the older 300.
Doogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 10:11 PM   #4
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Yeah, our Walmart has one lonely little 300, marked at $149, and it's buried in a case with iPod covers. Sad, sad, sad. I complain to the electronics staff every time I go in, and they ignore me...every time I go in.
I called the Sterling Walmart today to see if they're going to be one of the stores carrying ebook readers. The associate had no idea what an ebook reader even WAS, and then disconnected me while trying to connect me with his dept. manager.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:48 PM   #5
MsCG1
Zealot
MsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Nook Classic, NookColor, HTC Rezound, Sony PRS-505, ICS Touchpad
I paid $60 for mine at Target.

I would pay full price if it meant not being trampled within an inch of my life at Sprawlmart on the busiest day of the year though.
MsCG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert