Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Legacy E-Book Devices

Notices

Old 10-21-2004, 07:47 PM   #1
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Cybook E-Book Reader reviewed

aRMiTaG3 has a cool illustrated hands-on review of the Cybook E-Book Reader (available at Bookeen).

As sad as this sounds, but the Cybook is still not the perfect e-book reader we've been waiting for (disqualifies because of: lousy screen, outdated software, high price). And thus our search continues...
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 03:41 PM   #2
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
That thing is crap. Why would anyone want to buy a "dedicated" reader like this if he could spend the same money on a sub-notebook or high-end PDA?
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 06:09 AM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
ExtremeTech has also something to say about this reader in its article Skip the Cybook eBook, buy a Pocket PC. I think the title is self-explanatory
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 05:58 PM   #4
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
They didn't pull any punches, but they _do_ have a point, don't they? At least the Librie is new technology, and offering features that you won't find on a PPC at half the price.

Craig.
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 02:22 AM   #5
aRMiTaG3
aRMiTaG3 began at the beginning.

Device: Ipaq 1940/3630/5450/Cyboo
Talking If i can help i´ll try :D

Hi guys, i was looking for aRMiTaGe III images and i found this, i´m aRMiTaG3,
i did the review, if someone can contact with me for something about Cybook i can help u, i have some differents ppc as u can see and i think not is the same, but as i said is only my personal opinion. I like to help if i can.
Kisses .
aRMiTaG3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 02:36 AM   #6
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Welcome armitag3!

This was an excellent review of yours. We hope to see more of you more here onboard
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 08:38 PM   #7
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Yes, welcome aboard Armitag3! It's always nice to have another PPC user aboard

Craig.
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 02:27 PM   #8
vinnie
vinnie began at the beginning.

Device: cybook, maybe
Quote:
Originally Posted by aRMiTaG3 View Post
Hi guys, i was looking for aRMiTaGe III images and i found this, i´m aRMiTaG3,
i did the review, if someone can contact with me for something about Cybook i can help u, i have some differents ppc as u can see and i think not is the same, but as i said is only my personal opinion. I like to help if i can.
Kisses .
I googled Cybook and this post came up. I've been thinking about getting one for a while but they've always been sold out and I don't particularly relish the prospect of waiting for months for an expensive device... but now it looks like BooksOnBoard has the new version of the Cybook in stock. So I have a couple of questions:

a) Are they pretty reliable?
b) There is an accidental damage plan... how fragile are Cybooks? It seems like people have had problems with the screen... would the manufacturer's warranty cover this?
c) I picked the Cybook over the Kindle and Sony Reader because I don't want to be limited to Amazon and Sony's selection. Are there any other eBook readers (besides the Iliad, which is a little more expensive than what I'm looking for) that I should be considering?

Thanks!
vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 04:50 PM   #9
alia
Bookworm
alia began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen 3
a) I don't know if you're referring to BooksOnBoard or Cybooks, but my experience with both has been extremely positive. BooksOnBoard responds to emails quickly and they're very helpful. My Cybook battery lasts for more than a week and I can read books on it (which is what I bought it for) so reliable.
b) I bought the 2-year Cybook accidental damage plan because I thought it would be worth it. I haven't had to use it yet, but in one of the other forums a member said that their screen broke and the manufacturer did not cover it, so they had to pay 120 euros for a new screen. So the $60 damage plan would have been well worth it in that instance.
c) I picked mine for the same reason. I don't know of any other dedicated ebook readers in this price range that have eInk screens and accept books from a variety of vendors. I may be forgetting some though.

Overall, I'm quite happy with my Cybook .
alia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 01:35 PM   #10
vinnie
vinnie began at the beginning.

Device: cybook, maybe
Thanks, that helps!
vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 01:42 PM   #11
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Vinnie , pop into the Cybook areas on this forum ...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote