Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-27-2008, 12:20 PM   #1
rozie123
Enthusiast
rozie123 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS505
Question re Covers

If you purchase a book from the Sony Connect Store, can you change the cover they provide or are you stuck with their cover, as it is DRM protected? Some of their covers are "hideous!"

Thanks for any info.
rozie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 12:40 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
AFAIK you're stuck with the cover the publisher gave you.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2008, 08:29 PM   #3
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Yep, can't edit any metadata in LRX files.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 10:40 AM   #4
rozie123
Enthusiast
rozie123 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS505
Well, that's disappointing, if not expected. The thing is, when I purchased these books, I was very new to the reader and I should have purchased them in .lit form and converted. The Sony Connect Store often has the same books that are available in .lit but are cheaper.

Oh well. I'll know better next time.

Thanks anyway.
rozie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 07:51 AM   #5
tobiasj
surrounded by books
tobiasj began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle HDX, PRS-500, PRS-505, Rocket e-book
It is funny you mention covers, I bought Isaac Asimov's Foundation from the Connect store when I first got my 500 and the cover in that title is from Natural History by Justina Robson though thankfully the text is Foundation. That always bothered me because it is such a simple thing to be wrong, yet it makes the whole operation look amateurish, obviously no one bothers to proof these books.

-John
tobiasj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert