Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-09-2014, 10:07 AM   #61
giododa
Connoisseur
giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by queven View Post
How use full-screen reading mode?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...lscreenreading
giododa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 12:55 PM   #62
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
How use full-screen reading mode?
This thread has a bit more info (and less argument): https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=243268

There is still a problem reading kepubs in full-screen mode, some characters that overhang the right margin (such as "f" or many italic characters) get cut off. (This problem doesn't happen with epubs.)

What it comes down to is that for firmware 3.8.0 and earlier, if making maximum use of the screen area is important to you, then loading the book as an epub is the best option (whether you use patches or not, full-screen or not.)

Last edited by GeoffR; 10-09-2014 at 12:58 PM. Reason: (cut-off problem dosn't happen with epubs)
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2014, 03:10 AM   #63
queven
queven began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo aura hd h2o
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
This thread has a bit more info (and less argument): https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=243268

There is still a problem reading kepubs in full-screen mode, some characters that overhang the right margin (such as "f" or many italic characters) get cut off. (This problem doesn't happen with epubs.)

What it comes down to is that for firmware 3.8.0 and earlier, if making maximum use of the screen area is important to you, then loading the book as an epub is the best option (whether you use patches or not, full-screen or not.)
thanks. this was it showPageHeader=false but top margin is too big (kepub). Can reduce it?
queven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 12:25 PM   #64
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
thanks. this was it showPageHeader=false but top margin is too big (kepub). Can reduce it?
No. As with the custom header patches, showPageHeader=false just affects the title text, the actual header area remains. The only way to make use of that top part of the screen is to use full-screen mode (add FullScreenReading=true under [FeatureSettings] and untick "Show header and footer" in reading settings menu) or load the book as an epub.
Old 10-19-2014, 11:32 AM   #65
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-650, Kobo Glo HD (2x), Kobo Glo
Seams that 3.11 will be the next firmware and almost ready to released.. I do hope that GeoffR can make a patch for it.. (and I hope I can manage a way to adapt it for my Aura HD and Glo myself this time and not making an nice ashtray of my readers )
Nick_1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2014, 04:43 PM   #66
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_1964 View Post
Seams that 3.11 will be the next firmware and almost ready to released.. I do hope that GeoffR can make a patch for it.. (and I hope I can manage a way to adapt it for my Aura HD and Glo myself this time and not making an nice ashtray of my readers )
3.11 is out. It's now time for the new patches. But as long as they are ready by November 10th. I'll be good as that's when I am ordering my H2O.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 04:56 PM   #67
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-650, Kobo Glo HD (2x), Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
3.11 is out. It's now time for the new patches. But as long as they are ready by November 10th. I'll be good as that's when I am ordering my H2O.
I am not in the position to make demands
Nick_1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 04:57 PM   #68
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Just use the device as it comes; get used to how it works and then if needed patch it.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 05:00 PM   #69
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_1964 View Post
I am not in the position to make demands
I'm not demanding. If I was, you'd know it.

I'm just hoping to have the patches out by the time I order my H2O. I do appreciate the patches even though I've not used them. I've read through the patches for 3.8.0 and some of them are rather useful.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 11:18 PM   #70
ectoplasm
Addict
ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD and H2O
Is this the correct patchable firmware for the H2O?
Code:
Mark 5 Hardware : New Aura
3.8.0 (048bb0b071, 22 Aug 2014)
73.5 MB - 75,343 KB - 77,150,718 bytes
ectoplasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 11:51 PM   #71
GeoffR
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ectoplasm View Post
Is this the correct patchable firmware for the H2O?
Code:
Mark 5 Hardware : New Aura
3.8.0 (048bb0b071, 22 Aug 2014)
73.5 MB - 75,343 KB - 77,150,718 bytes
Yes, that is the one.
Old 10-20-2014, 11:55 PM   #72
GeoffR
Wizard

It looks like the advanced fonts control patch is not going to work with firmware 3.11.0.
Old 10-21-2014, 12:06 AM   #73
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
It looks like the advanced fonts control patch is not going to work with firmware 3.11.0.
Too bad. Guess I'll stick with 3.8.0 then.

Thanks again for all your patching efforts, though!
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 12:10 AM   #74
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
If adjusting the fonts is so important, why not use some of the PC tools available to edit the fonts on your computer, and then send the enhanced version to your device?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 12:27 AM   #75
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
If adjusting the fonts is so important, why not use some of the PC tools available to edit the fonts on your computer, and then send the enhanced version to your device?
Well, it's very convenient being able to do the adjustment on-device and not having to spend hours of my precious time learning how to edit and then editing fonts. A new FW would need to have some vast improvement somewhere else for me to give up advanced font control.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote