Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-26-2009, 12:52 AM   #1
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
What's your Wallpaper look like?

So what is it?

I'm currently using this one attached, which I got from here:
http://www.zastavki.com/eng/Photosho...er-8151-12.htm

I tend to move between green naturey images and the strange stuff from dlanham.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	greentree.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	29769  
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 01:39 AM   #2
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
I'm using a standard Vista wallpaper at the moment, the one with the tropical branch that fans out across a light blue ocean. I change mine about once a week, and prefer nature or animals.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2009, 01:56 AM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
The same one I've used since I got this thing, back in November.....guess I"m kinda boring......
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Wall Paper.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	29770  
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:44 AM   #4
mklynds
That guy, no not that guy
mklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with others

Device: PRS600 Red
I have a desktop changer that changes the desktop every 1 minute. And have amassed a collection of some 1300 images for it to choose from. Everything from book cover art, nature scenes, cars and my own images of friends, family and random other stuff.
mklynds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:04 AM   #5
bertold
Connoisseur
bertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it is

Device: iRex iLiad v2, Onyx Boox Note 3
I'm so narcissistic, I only use pictures I took myself.

Currently it's this one, but I change it often.
bertold is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2009, 03:25 AM   #6
Laine
Addict
Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, Voyage
I have an aerial picture of the village I used to live in as a child. My brother still lives there. It's called Melton Ross and is in England in North Lincolnshire. You can see where my various members of my family lived and where I went to primary school and church. It often makes me nostalgic as I haven't been back to England since I came here in 1972. I got the picture from a website run by the man who used to live next door.
Laine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:39 AM   #7
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Right now I'm still using the default XP one...

I should really change it!

*goes in search of a new picture*
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:39 AM   #8
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
So what is it?

I'm currently using this one attached, which I got from here:
http://www.zastavki.com/eng/Photosho...er-8151-12.htm

I tend to move between green naturey images and the strange stuff from dlanham.com
That's a nice one, Gideon. I like that.

Normally I get mine from Smashing Magazine, as every month in their blog they post a whole stack of user-submitted desktops that include a calendar for the month. Currently I'm using this one on my laptop:

http://media1.smashingmagazine.com/i.../dandelion.jpg

and this one on the iMac:

http://media2.smashingmagazine.com/i...ll/spring2.jpg

Obviously, I change them every month.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:08 AM   #9
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
I usually use my own photographs of family or from holidays or trips. At the minute I have one of my son and my parents standing in front of Legoland Windsor on a trip there last October.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:30 AM   #10
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
My current one is a download from DeviantArt .... The Great Synthesis
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:42 AM   #11
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Changed my destop to a beautiful picture of our house
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 08:31 AM   #12
Flashingblade
Enthusiast
Flashingblade has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Flashingblade has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Flashingblade has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505S
The work one I can't change & it's the Gherkin in London. At home it's a nice picture of Jelena Jankovic.

What do you mean I'm sad - I'm not listening!
Flashingblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:29 AM   #13
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
I like to use a picture from the Astronomy Picture of the Day site.

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:31 AM   #14
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Several years ago, I visited the Kelingrove Art Gallery and Museum in Glasgow and fell in love with "Hesperus" by Joseph Noel Paton. As soon as I got home, I ordered a print of the painting and downloaded the image as the background for my computer.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 10:42 AM   #15
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Not too sure where I picked it up, its been there a while. I made the slide back in 1972 at an art exhibit. Converted it to digital about 10 years ago. It looked better before I changed monitors and video card and now it is showing its limits of resolution.

The original work is not copywritten and I release rights to anyone that wants to use it under CC.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	stairs [10x7].jpg
Views:	287
Size:	337.4 KB
ID:	29794  
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote