Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 06-25-2016, 06:50 PM   #16
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Any post you make will automatically (by default) add that forum thread to your User CP entries. I always check there first for relevant posts.

Dale
In case anyone else is wondering, to get such a list User Control Panel->Edit Options->Default Thread Subscription Mode must be set to other than Do not subscribe - I think

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 07:45 PM   #17
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
How do you do this? It would be very helpful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Click "New Posts" from the blue bar at the top of the forums & then select the option you want from the drop down.

I do that and read through the posts that interest me, then check one more time to see what added while I was reading. Once I all done I select Mark Forums Read from the Quick Links and go on my way until the next time I visit.
Quote:
Thanks a million.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Any post you make will automatically (by default) add that forum thread to your User CP entries. I always check there first for relevant posts. Dale
Quote:
I am learning more ways to use Mobileread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
In case anyone else is wondering, to get such a list User Control Panel->Edit Options->Default Thread Subscription Mode must be set to other than Do not subscribe - I think BR
Gee whiz people, maybe start your own thread!
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2016, 12:18 AM   #18
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
The reason no one comments is that we've gotten used to such commenting being pointless.

Once a decision to restructure occurs, it is almost impossible to change that decision. In fact, I'm not sure such as decision has ever been changed.

However, it would have been nice if the powers that be asked for comments first, that way there would have at least been the illusion that non-moderators are listened to.

As for the stated purpose, cleaning up the forum, there are a number of other issues in that forum that, if addressed, would result in a far cleaner forum.

I've always thought that a discussion about a particular forum should take place in that forum. Forcing the discussion into the Feedback forum basically gets it safely out of the way so it can be ignored.
This. I don't think regular ole forum members opinions matter here.
TrevorViking is offline   Reply With Quote