Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-11-2014, 05:21 AM   #1
SatorArepo
SatorArepo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2 / Kobo Aura HD, PB touch lux 3
How to access kobo Aura HD via USB Network

Hi,
perhaps I'm too stupid, but I can't figure out, how to access my Kobo Aura HD over usb network. I have Coolreader installed and it comes with a nice USB-Network option, that can be started with a single click.
Now that I have started it I should be able to access it via ssh with
ssh user@host
That's how I understand that thing.
But what is the host address, username etc. and how can I find /change/display it???
I'm running an Ubuntu Linux on my computer.
Can anyone help me??

SatorArepo
SatorArepo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 03:30 PM   #2
SatorArepo
SatorArepo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2 / Kobo Aura HD, PB touch lux 3
I have all working, but lack of the password required for accessing the kobo via ssh. I tried 'root' and 'Root' with blank password, but nothing works...
SatorArepo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2014, 05:27 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I've never tried usbnet but I can assure you that via wifi its root with password blank.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote