Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-11-2014, 05:41 AM   #1006
Alfy
Liseur de Bonne Aventure
Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS T1
Edit (sorry, been playing around with update this morning): not sure this is since the update, but when I choose to display the total number of pages in the bottom, the change page feature of my Kobo Aura HD is not working anymore. I can move the cursor to any page, but the page actually displayed remains the same.

Last edited by Alfy; 05-11-2014 at 06:00 AM.
Alfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 04:36 PM   #1007
Lofwyr23
Poker of bits and books
Lofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Tolino Vision 5
Hit a bump with the plugin.

While trying to transfer books to my Glo, I got the following thrown at me:
Code:
calibre, version 1.36.0
FEHLER: Fehler: Fehler bei der Kommunikation mit dem Gerät

Failed to find obfuscation key

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 86, in run
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 571, in _upload_books
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver", line 276, in upload_books
  File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 1898, in upload_books
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver", line 175, in _modify_epub
  File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\oeb\polish\container.py", line 860, in __init__
  File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\oeb\polish\container.py", line 976, in process_encryption
InvalidBook: Failed to find obfuscation key
This currently happens on Calibre-x64 1.36.0 - KoboTouchExtended 2.2.15
Underlying OS is Windows7 x64.

This only happens with a few books, but with those, it happens constantly.

When I sideload them, they open fine (as ePubs...), as well as they work fine on any ofm oherreading devices (GTab 2 7" on OmniROM,Moto RazrI (which tends to be picky).)

Can provide an example file on request.
Lofwyr23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2014, 07:38 AM   #1008
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lofwyr23 View Post
This only happens with a few books, but with those, it happens constantly.
As a workaround, try an epub -> epub conversion first. I've had one or two books the driver choked on, and doing a Calibre conversion first fixed whatever funkyness was giving the driver indigestion.
mbovenka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:43 AM   #1009
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I had a look at the code where the error happened. It appears the book has an obfuscated font embedded in it. The error is due to an unknown key or id for reading the font. This is happening in common calibre code and I can't immediately see a way to avoid it. I would expect to see the same error if Polish Books was run against it. I'm not sure how the conversion will handle this. You could edit the epub and remove the font.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 01:53 PM   #1010
Lofwyr23
Poker of bits and books
Lofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I had a look at the code where the error happened. It appears the book has an obfuscated font embedded in it.
Removing the fonts and references fixed the problem.

Thanks for the info (seems to be related to Calibri, which comes with Word2007)

-Ouick Edit-

Something that bothers me though: IT worked for a while and then out of the blue gave me the finger.

Last edited by Lofwyr23; 05-14-2014 at 01:57 PM.
Advert
Old 05-14-2014, 05:00 PM   #1011
kaufman
Calibre Companion Fanatic
kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kindle Voyage
I just uploaded to firmware 3.3.0 on my Aura HD. I am using KoboTouchExtended v2.2.15 and Calibre 1.36.

When I try to copy books to my device, the books copy, but when I try to copy the metadata, I get an error and the following popup:

database disk image is malformed

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 86, in run
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 520, in _sync_booklists
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver" , line 314, in sync_booklists
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver" , line 310, in __rows_needing_imageid
DatabaseError: database disk image is malformed

I haven't updated my Kobo in about a month, so I don't know if this is a Calibre issue, a plugin issue or a firmware issue.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
kaufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:17 PM   #1012
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That usually means the database on the device is corrupt. If you don't have a recent database backup, the fix is to log out on the device. This will generate a clean database and prompt you through the basic setup.
Old 05-14-2014, 11:13 PM   #1013
kaufman
Calibre Companion Fanatic
kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kindle Voyage
Thanks, that worked.
kaufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 06:27 PM   #1014
Lofwyr23
Poker of bits and books

A quick "feature req": IS it possible to have the automated Shelf creation respect hierarchical columns? I tend to order my books by sub genre (e. g. Science-Fiction.Space Opera or Fantasy.High Fantasy)Which then appear exactly as smashed into the book details. I'd like to only have the sub genre appear in that case.

Possible? Doable? :does the puppy-eyes-pretty-please-with-sauce-on-top-look:
Old 05-16-2014, 06:31 PM   #1015
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Are you telling to create shelves only with subgenre? Try a custom column to extract it and create your shelves based on it. Sorry if I'm wrong.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 08:51 PM   #1016
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

As Terisa said, a custom column that extracted the part of the Genre you wanted to use is the way to do this. Using custom columns like this has been discussed Quick Guide to Shelf Management with calibre has a fair bit of discussion doing this sort of thing.
Old 05-17-2014, 04:50 PM   #1017
Lofwyr23
Poker of bits and books

Alright, I'll look into it.

Another thing that came to my mind after having done a hard reset: I split large transfers into smaller portions with sizes around 50 to 100 ePubs. Would it be too hard to implement starting the conversion of the second parcel if the first one goes into "send-to-device" stage? It would definitely cut the run time of jobs.
Old 05-17-2014, 05:55 PM   #1018
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
Actually it would. IIRC, the job class used for "Send to Device" are DeviceJob instances, which run one at a time. Choosing "Send to Device" with 50 books twice queues up the first 50 to run one at a time and then the second 50 behind the first, all to run one job at a time.

Changing this would require some pretty hefty reworking, and I'm not sure it would be a good idea or even something I'd be willing to implement anyway - there's a very good reason (the potential for corruption or missed updates) only one DeviceJob can run at any time!
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 06:13 PM   #1019
Lofwyr23
Poker of bits and books

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
Actually it would. IIRC, the job class used for "Send to Device" are DeviceJob instances, which run one at a time. Choosing "Send to Device" with 50 books twice queues up the first 50 to run one at a time and then the second 50 behind the first, all to run one job at a time.

Changing this would require some pretty hefty reworking, and I'm not sure it would be a good idea or even something I'd be willing to implement anyway - there's a very good reason (the potential for corruption or missed updates) only one DeviceJob can run at any time!
Probably I worded what I was requesting in some stupid way....

I wasn'T requesting the send-to-device-jobs to run in parallel, I was wondering if it would be possible to have the processing/converting/whateveryouwanttocallit of epub to kepub of the second job to start while the first one is still sending.

If it's too much work, I can live with the way it works now, just figured it'd be a nice idea if it's not too much to do/redo
Old 05-17-2014, 07:48 PM   #1020
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
Same answer, same reasons But I can give you more detail with that info.

When you click "Send to Device", a DeviceJob is queued up. That DeviceJob calls a specific function that all drivers are required to implement which handles sending the book(s) to the connected device. The extended Kobo driver hooks into this method of the mainline Kobo driver (if you know some object-oriented coding, technically KoboTouchExtended extends KoboTouch, implements the appropriate method, and calls the superclass method) and so only one send-to-device conversion may run at any time.

What you may consider is using the KePub Output plugin. It allows you to convert books in your calibre library to KePub format, and multiple conversions can be done at once that way. The KoboTouchExtended driver is aware of this and will skip the conversion process for .kepub books in calibre. Just make sure you enable kepub as a format in the extended driver options (the big list at the too of the settings window) and that kepub is higher than epub in the list.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
error, kobo aura one