Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-10-2012, 01:04 PM   #1
Surio
Surio began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 912
Pocketbook 912 Software: D912.2.1.3 Cannot install new TTS files

Greetings, Forums!

Proud owner of Pocketbook 912. I updated my firmware to Pocketbook 912 Software: D912.2.1.3 20120411 recently. And tried adding new voices to my new config:
1. UK English male
2. UK English female
3. Czech female
as pbi files.

I followed the the instructions given in the word document on Pocketbook website to do so.

1. First I removed three existing voices. (rebooted)
2. Next I copied the voice files (with pbi extension) [rebooted]
3. Went to "library" (as per the installation document) but I am unable to see those PBI files. None of them!

No amount of rebooting is helping, and the worst part is, I have removed the pre-installed English TTS, so I am left with no English TTS whatsoever on the reader.

Somewhere on these forums, there was a suggestion to navigate to "Photos" directory and back, but that did not work either.

Any suggestions, anyone?

Thanks to everyone for reading.

Best,

Surio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:03 PM   #2
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surio View Post

Greetings, Forums!

Proud owner of Pocketbook 912. I updated my firmware to Pocketbook 912 Software: D912.2.1.3 20120411 recently. And tried adding new voices to my new config:
1. UK English male
2. UK English female
3. Czech female
as pbi files.

I followed the the instructions given in the word document on Pocketbook website to do so.

1. First I removed three existing voices. (rebooted)
2. Next I copied the voice files (with pbi extension) [rebooted]
3. Went to "library" (as per the installation document) but I am unable to see those PBI files. None of them!

No amount of rebooting is helping, and the worst part is, I have removed the pre-installed English TTS, so I am left with no English TTS whatsoever on the reader.

Somewhere on these forums, there was a suggestion to navigate to "Photos" directory and back, but that did not work either.

Any suggestions, anyone?

Thanks to everyone for reading.

Best,

I am afraid I can't help with fixing your problem, as I never had it - but as for the missing TTS, don't worry, you can get them from the Pocketbook website.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2012, 03:36 PM   #3
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
For new TTS voices you have to install them. Put the *.pbi files to the root of your PB then open "apps" or "photos" and go to the highest folder available using the "return" arrow on top (via Library won't work because in the library only book-type files show up). There you should be able to see the files. By clicking on them you install them.
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:46 PM   #4
Surio
Surio began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 912

Hi troll05,
That was simply great! It worked. Thank you very much!
The official install instructions given in the Pocketbook manual <a href="http://www.pocketbook-int.com/download/tts/manual-en.doc">here</a> are wrong.

Pocketbook must update the official manual to reflect whatever you have mentioned in your reply. That will clarify a lot of confusions to many people. :-)

Thanks once again!

@paola,
Thanks for the link, I did download those other voices from Pocketbook's site. What I was trying to highlight was not that I seem to have lost those files forever, but rather to reiterate that I have none of those files on the Pocketbook -- just in case someone decides to point out the four voice files limit of Pocketbook. ;-)
Perhaps I should have phrased the sentence differently rather than coming across as desperate and clueless. ;-)

Surio is offline   Reply With Quote