Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-05-2012, 09:47 PM   #1
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Audible freebies

Guys,

I have a confession to make - I've been holding out on you. I have usually tried to follow a standard when posting freebies - that they are legitimate, and that the company actually wanted them advertised. There has been one source of freebies that I never saw advertised, and so I never brought them up. That is - believe it or not - Audible. Now, I've seen the secret revealed on many web sites. Since the proverbial cat is out of the bag, I feel no remorse whatsoever for sharing these with my friends here at Mobileread. Here are the ones that I have not seen mentioned here recently:

Bound to Rise (Or, Up the Ladder), by Horatio Alger

Four-Day Planet, by H. Beam Piper

The Cosmic Computer, by H. Beam Piper

The Lair of the White Worm, by Bram Stoker

Photographs & Phantoms, by Cindy Spencer Pape

Ivanhoe, by Sir Walter Scott

Irresistible Forces, by Brenda Jackson

Swordspoint, by Ellen Kushner

The Story of Classical Music, by Darren Henley

The Time Traveler's Wife, by Audrey Niffenegger

Killing Floor, by Lee Child

Black River, by Dean Koontz

The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen R. Covey

Come Toy with Me, by Cara Summers

A Confederacy of Dunces, by John Kennedy Toole

Summer's Path, by Scott Blum

Spy Killer, by L. Ron Hubbard

Vintage Death: A Story from Thriller 2, by Clive Cussler (Editor) , Lisa Jackson

The New World (Prequel to the Chaos Walking Trilogy), by Patrick Ness

My Soul to Lose (Prequel to the Soul Screamers series), by Rachel Vincent

This is most of the ones out there; I may have missed a couple. Some of these have been mentioned previously; I skipped those mentioned recently but not those that haven't been mentioned in a year or more.

skinmaan
Your audiobook bloodhound
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:50 PM   #2
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Thank you. Where do you find these anyway? I'd be lost without mobileread.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2012, 10:06 PM   #3
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odiakkoh View Post
Believe it or not, all it takes is Google and a little patience.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:21 PM   #4
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
*gasp* You were holding out on us?!!?!?!?!?! Thanks very much for posting the links.

Only an Audible/Amazon account is required for these, not a membership.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:59 PM   #5
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by odiakkoh View Post
Here ya go:

Quote:
just search Audible for "$0.00" using a site-specific Google search. To do so, just type the following into Google:

$0.00 site:audible.com

To filter out the interviews, excerpts, speeches, and other free offerings on Audible—if all you want is true audiobooks—you can use a search like:

$0.00 -Excerpt -Interview -Chapter -Extract -Speech -Sample -"A Conversation"
Score Free Audiobooks from Audible with a Simple Google Search
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2012, 11:03 PM   #6
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Awesome, thank you! Ellen Kushner's Swordspoint is one of my favourite "mannerpunk" fantasy novels of all time and I own it in three languages in paper. Maybe one day I'll even do a read-along to the audio version.

ETA: From the credits, the author reads her own book. Double awesome! Now I definitely have to try it, and consider getting the sequels which it seems she also reads.

Last edited by ATDrake; 09-05-2012 at 11:07 PM.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:08 PM   #7
skinmaan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
Awesome, thank you! Ellen Kushner's Swordspoint is one of my favourite "mannerpunk" fantasy novels of all time and I own it in three languages in paper. Maybe one day I'll even do a read-along to the audio version.
If you're a fan of the read-along, I see that Pape's "Photographs & Phantoms" is still free for Kindle here. Other than the classics I don't know of any others that are free. I got the Kindle and mp3 versions of "Map of Bones" earlier this year (thank you Mobileread crowd), so I am looking forward to my first read-along.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:14 PM   #8
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
I know you skipped the more recent ones, but for those who may have missed them I'll post links for the ones in my Library that are still active and free.

The Booktaker: A Nameless Detective Mystery
by Bill Pronzini (short story)

The Two by Will Carver

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz narrated by Anne Hathaway
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:01 AM   #9
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
Links even works for us non americans, excellent!
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:03 AM   #10
Wald07
Audiophile
Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexux7 2nd Gen & Kobo Touch
This is an excellent score. Thanks, folks!
Wald07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:05 AM   #11
Wald07
Audiophile
Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexux7 2nd Gen & Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Munch View Post
Links even works for us non americans, excellent!
Mmmm... Time Traveller's Wife & Irresistible Forces were 2 titles that gave this Canadian some trouble. I ended up getting them, but not without hoop-jumping...
Wald07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:47 AM   #12
magicmonster
Groupie
magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Color, & Dell Axim X50v
Thanks a bunch!
magicmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:53 AM   #13
slex
Addict
slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Onyx Boox M92
Also free - Tribes - by Seth Godin
slex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:57 AM   #14
ozron
Groupie
ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, iPad, iPhone
Thanks for the freebies!
ozron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:12 AM   #15
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Thanks skinmaan for the treasure trove!

Quick question: is anyone getting Ivanhoe for free? It's coming up as $26.95 for me.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audible