Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-13-2012, 07:01 PM   #1
FinancialWar
Banned
FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.

Device: Sony PRS350, Onyx M92, Onyx T68 (defective!)
browser won't adjust after zooming

you know how after you zoom in on your computer browser or browser on smartphone, the browser adjust the page so that you don't have to scroll horizontally. The same thing does not happen when I use the T1 browser.

Is there a way to fix this?
FinancialWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:08 PM   #2
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
I am not sure what you mean by"the browser adjust(s) the page" ? that doesn't happen on my not-so-smart phone nor on my computer if you zoom in so that the page view is bigger than the screen then horizontal scroll bars will appear this is standard behavior and I know of no way to change it... you could try playing with the default page view in the settings maybe set it to adjust tofit page size but I doubt that will help/apply in zooming ....
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2012, 10:22 PM   #3
FinancialWar
Banned
FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.

lol what kind of outdated browser you're using?

all modern browser on desktop computer or smartphone adjust pages (with text such as wikipedia) after zooming so that you don't have to scroll horizontally.

Just go to any wikipedia article, hold control button and scroll wheel up and down, the font gets bigger/small, the number of words in a line also adjusts accordingly so that everything fits within the browser. Much like to it works on Microsoft Office Word when you change font size, so that everything fit on a A4 page.

Some website have this support and some don't (like mobileread). However, even website that have this support does not work on Sony T1's browser.

PS: the "Auto-fit Pages" options is ticked. Still does not fit the page.

Last edited by FinancialWar; 07-14-2012 at 10:29 PM.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:40 PM   #4
AndrewH
Fanatic
AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, & Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinancialWar View Post
you know how after you zoom in on your computer browser or browser on smartphone, the browser adjust the page so that you don't have to scroll horizontally. The same thing does not happen when I use the T1 browser.

Is there a way to fix this?
I don't believe there's a setting to control this within the T1.
AndrewH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:42 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You should be able to use the two finger zoom to zoom the browser.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2012, 12:17 AM   #6
FinancialWar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You should be able to use the two finger zoom to zoom the browser.
what do you mean? I know how to zoom, but that does not solve the issue here.

Last edited by FinancialWar; 07-15-2012 at 12:20 AM.
Old 07-15-2012, 05:35 AM   #7
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Might be a tool to do it if you root it, but otherwise I should think you're asking for an expensive extra fo what is basically for reading books, and getting them by wifi.
The browser facility is just basic enough to do this, with sideways scrolling an exceptable price to pay, if you do use it like a computer .......

Does any reader do this ?
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:14 AM   #8
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
Well in answer to "Financial war" I use chrome or firefox, lol....and some ancient java pos browser on my "stupid" phone but the bottom line remains that the t1 browser will not automatically adjust the page size
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:15 AM   #9
FinancialWar
Banned

still no solution to this without hacking?
Old 07-23-2012, 10:21 AM   #10
andyh2000
Avid reader
andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 / Kindle Paperwhite
Try double tapping on a paragraph of text with your finger. I haven't got my T1 with me, but I think that activates the page reflow feature. Unless I'm thinking of another device...

Andrew

Edited to add: no, that doesn't work. Must be the ipad

Last edited by andyh2000; 07-23-2012 at 01:17 PM.
andyh2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:20 PM   #11
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Well, if you hit Adjust View in the menu it comes up with, amongst others, Crop Page, but apart from that, I don't know of anything else.
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:16 PM   #12
andyh2000
Avid reader
andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 / Kindle Paperwhite
I think it was the iPad browser I was thinking of, sorry.

Andrew
andyh2000 is offline   Reply With Quote