Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-21-2011, 07:04 PM   #1
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
The Android Bazzar: Toshiba Tablet 10" WIFI sneak peak

Wow this one looks great! I really like the easy grip back cover.

* 10.1 " 720P
* WIFI, Bluetooth, USB, mini usb, HDMI
* Tegra 2
* Honycomb

Check out their site for the Marketing video. (link)

It's not a "Google Experience" phone, that is reserved for the Moto Xoom but this device should still be a solid device.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:28 PM   #2
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Wow this one looks great! I really like the easy grip back cover.

* 10.1 " 720P
* WIFI, Bluetooth, USB, mini usb, HDMI
* Tegra 2
* Honycomb

Check out their site for the Marketing video. (link)

It's not a "Google Experience" phone, that is reserved for the Moto Xoom but this device should still be a solid device.
Good screen resolution! But what about battery life and memory?
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2011, 12:24 AM   #3
Andrew H.
Grand Master of Flowers
Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3 (aka Keyboard), iPhone, iPad 3 (not for reading)
It does look decent, although, yeah, it would be helpful to know things like memory, battery life, and cost. They may be waiting for the iPad 2 specs before finalizing.

I'm not sure that I like widescreen in a tablet, although I suppose I could be convinced.

Very nice design, though.
Andrew H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:57 PM   #4
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
My husband and I had a very poor experience with a Toshiba Satellite laptop. I'd be cautious with a tablet from them. I'd expect a higher price than from some manufacturers and wonder about how nimble they might be as they do not have phone experience. This is the added value Samsung brings to tablets and why I'd be looking to them first.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:10 AM   #5
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Price ???
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2011, 08:44 AM   #6
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No price given, anybody ready to throwbdown their bets?

I'm guessing it will be $699
Old 01-25-2011, 09:38 AM   #7
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
I'll give $300~350 for a full-featured WiFi only Android tablet or I'll give $250 for a WiFi only Android tablet that has the features I need.

Since the first option is a pipe dream, I chose the second option.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:19 PM   #8
=X=
Wizard

How about $379, is that close enough (link)

I don't think what you are asking for is a pipe dream, I think it's will happen by the end of year.

=X=
Old 01-25-2011, 02:43 PM   #9
Lastblade
Nookie are we
Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks with and without color
Looks good! I won't use it as an ereader (too big/bulky), but for other media like movies, general browsing, it would be a good alternative to iPad.
Lastblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:58 PM   #10
Clancy_s
Zealot
Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I've been very happy with my Toshiba satellite - one would need a much wider survey to know whether I was lucky or Sensual Poet unlucky.

Eventually I want an android tablet about this size for use at home for magazines /newspapers and possibly videos. I don't plan to be an early adopter on these but I'm happy to see them appearing.

eta: I'd have to see one to be sure but I think I'm going to want a higher screen res than the 1024 x 600 the view sonic offers - I'd want it to support hidef. Also to include .png and .mkv in the supported media file formats. They don't say wrt ebooks formats but I'd want .epub and .pdf as a minimum, along with news and comics formats.

edited again - the Toshiba vid says that has a screen res of 1280 x 800, and looks OK. I wonder how long 'til one arrives in my part of the world so I can look at one real world...

Last edited by Clancy_s; 01-27-2011 at 09:06 PM.
Clancy_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:13 AM   #11
viviena
Evangelist
viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently Kobo Clara HD and Aura One, iPad
Oooh, that does look cool, and I'll add that I've also been happy with my Toshiba Satellite laptop. It'll be interesting to see how well it does with the tablet-optimised Honeycomb. Somehow I can imagine it not coming out where I live though, and hopefully I'm wrong about that.
viviena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:35 AM   #12
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Price ???
Toshiba people on CES told to PCMagazine the price will be $499
for 16G model. You can see full video review here
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 03:02 AM   #13
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle International Ipad 2
Looks great but I really need 3G.
HappyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 05:55 PM   #14
anabolina
Groupie
anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current: tablet, kindle paperwhite, onyx boox t68. Past: Sony, nook
http://www.engadget.com/2011/04/16/t...-start-at-450/

So it still hasn't been released right? And is still 'coming soon' on the Toshiba website. I wonder what sort of a timeline it's on?

Still, I like Toshibas well enough. We had 2 satellites in the family we bought around 1998 or 1999 that were used until 2008 (and they were 1996 models when bought) in some capacity or other. I think they've been relegated to the back of the closet for now lol. My mom bought another Toshiba in 2004 and it lasted until she bought a sony vaio in 2009 and I also bought a Toshiba in 2004 which only lasted until discrete graphics got cheap enough in 2006 whereupon it was dumped on a younger sister and I got a Dell which lasted much longer. In fact, it was still in use until I got this brilliant idea last week of taking care of it's tendency to overheat if left on for hours by opening it up and cleaning it out with some compressed air. Yeah, that was a BAD idea.
anabolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 06:03 PM   #15
=X=
Wizard

Toshiba keeps on pushing back the schedule a few days ago they informed users that their tablet will be released "Late Summer". To me that means Oct. ish most likely Dec.

=X=