OSx working

Quote:
Originally Posted by FangornUK View Post
Update: Version 2.2 released
  • Mac OS X version fixed
  • Fix handling of CBZ files that contain directories
Now it works on my OSx (Leopard).
It's really great software.

I hope you will insert it in calibre (maybe a pop up saying "thanks to the author for the plugin"?) to convert cbz to lrf directly there.

NOTE: previously i saw in mobileread a piece of software to cut properly images to fit better sony reader... they are too big for my eyes; so i was thinking... could u use the code (gpl license) in your beautiful program to make it my second and last useful software (first is still calibre!!!!)?
maybe big expectations
serpentium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 07:46 AM   #152
FangornUK
Addict
FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad, Kindle 3
Feel free to use the code.
FangornUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2008, 11:02 PM   #153
krighton
Addict
krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: sony reader
i'm probably missing something, i've read the readme.txt but can't figure out the command line for doing a batch of files all at once...could someone please post the exact command line for converting a batch of files that are all in the same location...right now i'm just dragging and dropping files one at a time into the cmd window....i'm using windows also.

ah, comiclrf *.cbr seems to be working....

Last edited by krighton; 07-05-2008 at 11:06 PM.
krighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 08:34 AM   #154
krighton
Addict
krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: sony reader
i'll have to keep reading, the program crashes when it's trying to convert the 10th file......also when enlarging the size of the comic via the reader, is it possible to scroll across the entire comic, or do you need to read it in actual size....haven't found the button combination that lets you move around the page (if that's possible).

Last edited by krighton; 07-06-2008 at 08:38 AM.
krighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 11:05 AM   #155
FangornUK
Addict
FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Update: Version 2.3 released
  • Fixed memory leak with ImageMagick, causing ComicLRF to crash after multiple Comics converted.

Krighton, this will fix your crashing. You can switch to landscape mode on the reader and move up and down the zoomed image. I don't know if you can do that in portrait mode.
Advert
Old 07-07-2008, 06:27 AM   #156
klikklak
Connoisseur
klikklak doesn't litterklikklak doesn't litter

Device: nokia 770, PRS-500
Tip for linux users

Thanks for the great tool, I think it'll give new life to my 500.

Anyway, since this wasn't mentioned in the thread here's a tip on how to do whole directories. (I hope I didn't do any errors, the rename's could probably be done better, but it seems to work)

find . -name '*cb?' -print0 | xargs -0 -i comiclrf {}

to rename:
find . -name '*zip' -print0 |xargs -0 -i rename 's/\.zip/\.cbz/' {}

and to copy
find . -name '*lrf' -print0 |xargs -0 -i cp {} /media/disk-1

and to remove [text]
find . -name '*cb?' -print0 |xargs -0 -i rename 's/(\[(.*)\])//' {}

a question: I seem to get errors with some files, is archived subdirectories support coming soon? (I'm presuming that is what causes the errors)

Last edited by klikklak; 07-07-2008 at 11:30 AM. Reason: added quotes. and found the edit.
klikklak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 07:52 AM   #157
klikklak
Connoisseur

Sorry about double posting, but I couldn't find edit.

It wasn't the subdirectories in archives, it handles those fine.
It however looks like it hangs on [Lasher99] in the filename. Perhaps you could add code to properly escape []'s.
Old 07-07-2008, 04:59 PM   #158
FangornUK
Addict

klikklak, I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean single quotes in comic filenames or the image filenames inside the archive? I tried both these and they work on Windows.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:11 AM   #159
klikklak
Connoisseur

I mean the comic .cbz filenames. The error it gives is the ERROR: No valid file to process,
which according to the code is only when the given filelist is 0 (if I interpreted that correctly). Anyway, this is repeatable and easily fixed by removing square brackets from the filename.

I've been also getting errors with THUMBNAIL, but I haven't been able to isolate that.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:34 AM   #160
SurgE
Serial Bricker
SurgE doesn't litterSurgE doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3 KSO
hey dude, great work

Just checking. When you extract cbr/cbzs, do u sort them first by folder than by filename?
i.e

- folder 001
- - file 01
- - file 02
- folder 002
- - file 001
- - file 002

I noticed that the conversion utility is converting them by filename sequence, ignoring the directories they were previously in. Is it possible for the application to first sort the files by directory then by filename?
SurgE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:56 AM   #161
FangornUK
Addict

I never knew archives would have that format, I've never seen that before. I'll look into fixing it.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:32 PM   #162
GolfClap
GolfClap began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader prs505
Hi. I believe its great sofware but I failed to launch it: then I write to command line comiclrf and pressed enter screen shows up but after second it disappeares... I can not even drag and drop files in this screen.. Please help me

(I am on Win Xp)
oh, i have found that i cn just drag file to exe file.
But now i dont know how to use options (-r, -s, etc.)...

Last edited by GolfClap; 07-10-2008 at 08:08 PM.
GolfClap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 09:00 AM   #163
FangornUK
Addict

Looks like you haven't opened a command prompt and just started ComicLRF from the Start Menu "Run" window.

Press "Window key and R", then enter "cmd". A command prompt starts. Then in the command prompt window enter "comiclrf" and it should display some help.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:25 PM   #164
GolfClap
GolfClap began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader prs505
powerful tool

but today i got an error: local variable "thumbnail" referenced before assigment. What does it mean?
GolfClap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 04:50 AM   #165
FangornUK
Addict

No idea, I'd need more information and preferably the comic file it fails on.