Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-09-2010, 02:13 PM   #1
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Help deleting book from Kindle 3

So, I went online (Amazon) to manage my Kindle and deleted some books, but they are still in the local Kindle archives. Any suggestions or comments?

Yes, I tried to re-sync already, reboot 2 times and the book(s) are still showing on my Archive collection, even when they are gone on my Amazon's account.

I do have a Kindle 3 wifi.

Thanks in advance,
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 04:49 PM   #2
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Deleting books places them in Archive

When you delete a book, it automatically leaves it's footprint in the Archive. You can always get it back from there.

It does not exist on the device.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2010, 05:15 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
When you delete a book, it automatically leaves it's footprint in the Archive. You can always get it back from there.
That is indeed the case when you delete a book on the Kindle. But the OP has deleted the ebook from Amazon's 'Manage your Kindle' page. It's gone. What reason would there be to keep it in the device's archive? It should be well and truly 'deleted', should it not?
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 05:28 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
So, I went online (Amazon) to manage my Kindle and deleted some books, but they are still in the local Kindle archives. Any suggestions or comments?

Yes, I tried to re-sync already, reboot 2 times and the book(s) are still showing on my Archive collection, even when they are gone on my Amazon's account.

I do have a Kindle 3 wifi.

Thanks in advance,
Have you tried underlining, then left clicking on each one? Left clicking brings up a 'delete' option.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 05:30 PM   #5
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
What happens if you actually try to download from the Archive to your Kindle?

That might tell you whether or not the book has truly been deleted from your online library or whether you just aren't getting a current list of Archived books synced to your device.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2010, 10:24 AM   #6
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abookreader View Post
What happens if you actually try to download from the Archive to your Kindle?

That might tell you whether or not the book has truly been deleted from your online library or whether you just aren't getting a current list of Archived books synced to your device.
Good point! I did exactly the same in order to validate that. The book was restored into my collection and disappear from "archiving". The wifi was off so to me, it is still inside the Kindle.

I think I am going to call customer support ...
Old 12-10-2010, 10:27 AM   #7
jocampo
Layback feline

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post

It does not exist on the device.
That is true. But you can also delete from Amazon webpage and when you do that, it will delete everything for good, including any entry on "archiving" section; you won't be able to restore your book if you do that and you will have to pay again if you want to read it one more time. That is not happening here which means, for some reason my Kindle is not getting or downloading that Amazon's update.