Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-23-2013, 09:41 PM   #931
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
Has anyone emailed Kobo support using their webform in the past few weeks?
Last night I purchased a book but the download was for something else, didn't even get a confirmation email.

Also never heard anything back when I sent an email about the prices changing on books listed as $1.99 but appearing much higher on the check out screen. That was over a week ago. I'm wondering if those issues are just being sent off into a black hole from their new website.

Update. I just heard back from Customer Care. They offered a store credit or a refund (odd, since I purchased on a gift card - whatever). I'm happy enough waiting for them to fix the book, not like I'm going to read it NOW!
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:43 PM   #932
Lush
Connoisseur
Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: Kindle 3, KPW, iPad, iPhone
For Australians, millsandboon.com.au have over 700 "Sexy Classic" ebooks for $1.99 using code SEXY. Offer lasts until 30th September. Regular price $4.99.
I've only had a quick look, but have noticed some Sandra Marton, Charlotte Lamb, Melanie Milburne, Anne Mather & Miranda Lee there.
Lush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:53 PM   #933
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

St. Martin's Press bargain. This book dropped pretty much everywhere except Kobo at least a week ago. Kobo finally caught up (break out that 50% code one more time)

Secrets of a Wedding Night (Secret Brides #1) by Valerie Bowman - $2.99
Kindle | Kobo

Quote:
How to Stop a Wedding

Young, widowed, and penniless, Lily Andrews, the Countess of Merrill,has strong opinions on marriage. When she spots a certain engagement announcement in The Times, she decides to take action. She will not allow another hapless girl to fall prey to a man—particularly the scoundrel who broke her heart five years ago. Anonymously she writes and distributes a pamphlet entitled “Secrets of a Wedding Night,” knowing it will find its way into his intended’s innocent hands…

How to Seduce a Widow

Devon Morgan, the Marquis of Colton, desires a good wife and mother to his son—someone completely unlike Lily Andrews, the heartless beauty who led him on a merry chase five years ago only to reject him. When Devon’s new fiancée cries off after reading a certain scandalous pamphlet, he vows to track down the author and make her pay. But when he learns it’s his former fiancée Lily, he issues a challenge: write a retraction or prepare to be seduced—to find out how wonderful a wedding night can be

Last edited by apesmom; 09-23-2013 at 10:02 PM.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:54 PM   #934
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
But if you use the Kobo link on the Swagbucks site it will pay for future books. Plus it does so based on the pre-coupon price
I've done several Shop&Earns from Kobo and they never showed up. Have you got it to work?
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:20 PM   #935
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by NixLapi View Post
I'm not! Billionaires are the new millionaires! lol I'd happily see the end of 50 Shades knock-offs though (a knock-off of a knock-off, must be a term for that?!). I enjoy a good CEO/ rich guy in suit romance, as long as it's not also an innocent/virgin heroine.
Did anyone post that I Married a Billionaire, a Contemporary Romance by Melanie Marchande, is free at AllRomance? Ends tonight...

https://www.allromanceebooks.com/pro...84688-149.html
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:00 PM   #936
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I've done several Shop&Earns from Kobo and they never showed up. Have you got it to work?
It's always worked for me. Shame is, the time I went really wacko at Kobo (when Penguin first became coupon eligible) I didn't know there was a Kobo buy link. So I missed out a BUNCH of swagbucks

What I did was set Kobo as one of my favorite stores. So I click on Shop, then My Favorites, then Shop Now (which appears when I put the mouse over the Kobo card on the favorites page). Since I download the book immediately after buying, if it's been more than two minutes since my last purchase I usually go back to the SwagBucks page and re-click to bring up the Kobo site again to ensure the affiliate link is still active (probably not needed, but it said something in the FAQ about the purchase link timing out so I figure better safe than sorry).

SwagBucks usually sends me an email a day or so later. So even when I purchase 5 or 6 books I just get 1 email which lists them all. Then it takes 30 days for the points to actually appear on my account.

I am using the same email address for SwagBucks and Kobo. I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

Last edited by library addict; 09-23-2013 at 11:02 PM.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 12:13 AM   #937
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmmm, I guess B&N doesn't make their pre-orders available at midnight My Shalvis book still shows as pre-order. I will check again in the morning.

Last edited by library addict; 09-24-2013 at 12:18 AM.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:20 AM   #938
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It's always worked for me. Shame is, the time I went really wacko at Kobo (when Penguin first became coupon eligible) I didn't know there was a Kobo buy link. So I missed out a BUNCH of swagbucks

What I did was set Kobo as one of my favorite stores. So I click on Shop, then My Favorites, then Shop Now (which appears when I put the mouse over the Kobo card on the favorites page). Since I download the book immediately after buying, if it's been more than two minutes since my last purchase I usually go back to the SwagBucks page and re-click to bring up the Kobo site again to ensure the affiliate link is still active (probably not needed, but it said something in the FAQ about the purchase link timing out so I figure better safe than sorry).

SwagBucks usually sends me an email a day or so later. So even when I purchase 5 or 6 books I just get 1 email which lists them all. Then it takes 30 days for the points to actually appear on my account.

I am using the same email address for SwagBucks and Kobo. I don't know if that makes a difference or not.
What browser do you use when you do this? I am thinking maybe that is why. I have done other S&E like Amazon and they all worked but Kobo I want to work as I spent alot there!
Old 09-24-2013, 12:22 AM   #939
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
Quote:
Hmmm, I guess B&N doesn't make their pre-orders available at midnight My Shalvis book still shows as pre-order. I will check again in the morning.
I thought B&N was on west coast time. If so, it is not midnight there yet
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 12:29 AM   #940
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
What browser do you use when you do this? I am thinking maybe that is why. I have done other S&E like Amazon and they all worked but Kobo I want to work as I spent alot there!
Usually IE. I mostly shop on my PC, which is IE 9. But during the month-with-all-the-PC-problems I used my laptop with IE10 for some purchases which I got credit for.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:31 AM   #941
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyBunnies View Post
I thought B&N was on west coast time. If so, it is not midnight there yet
So is Amazon. But I'm on Eastern time

Oh well, it's not like I am going to read it right now. I'm still up so i just thought I'd check.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:35 AM   #942
apesmom
Wizard

Quote:
So is Amazon. But I'm on Eastern time

Oh well, it's not like I am going to read it right now. I'm still up so i just thought I'd check.
Kobo is definitely on EST. I've been busy buying up all my new releases. Sunday is going to be embarrassing if I don't wimp out on my confession.
Old 09-24-2013, 01:00 AM   #943
auntykatkat
Evangelist
auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook/Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntykatkat View Post
One of my go to authors, Mandy Roth, is celebrating her 10th anniversary in publishing by offering some of her books at 0.99

Auntykatkat
Well, now her writing buddy Michelle Pillow got into the act. She is also pricing some of her books at .99. I recommend both authors.
auntykatkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:23 AM   #944
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Usually IE. I mostly shop on my PC, which is IE 9. But during the month-with-all-the-PC-problems I used my laptop with IE10 for some purchases which I got credit for.
Next time going to try IE instead of Chrome.
Old 09-24-2013, 01:54 AM   #945
apesmom
Wizard

Quote:
Next time going to try IE instead of Chrome.
I'm more inclined to think the email address for Swag Bucks needs to match the Kobo account email address. I tried it over a month ago using IE, I even went back to swagbucks to re-enter kobo via their link for each purchase but got nothing.

And on another note . . . .

Happy one thousandth post to me
Happy one thousandth post to me
Happy one thooooooousandth post to meeeeeee
happyonethousandthposttome