Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 09-01-2012, 09:50 AM   #1
NCdad
NCdad began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro & Kindle
Question Aluratek Libre Pro, 5" screen, need help

Hello everybody !
I am a newbie here. I just bought an Aluratek Libre Pro. I bought it from Computer Geeks. Apparently, it was new stock left over from the Borders Bookstore liquidation. I bought it so I could download books from the Guttenberg Project, my library and other sites that my Kindle will not.
I visited the Calibre website and watched the tutorial. It states it is compatible with many brand name ereaders but does not show Aluratek. Would anyone here make a recommendation on how I should proceed ? What program should I download on my computer? All advice is welcome.

Thank you !
NCdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 05:39 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Moved posting to appropriate forum. The experts live here.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:57 AM   #3
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
The Aluratek Libre Pro is the same hardware as the Ectaco jetBook. So , most of the
discussions and accessories apply to both devices.

It is a good idea to backup the contents of the device's internal memory to a folder
on your PC's hard drive.

You should have an SD card reader for your PC as well (the kind that you can use as a
USB drive are around $3) it will be a USB 2 device while the ALP only has a USB 1.1
interface.

The ebook sources you mentioned can provide ebooks without DRM and in formats that
the ALP can read. You can use Calibre to convert formats and/or origanize your ebook
library. (The output profile for the ALP is "jetbook 5-inch")

You might want to check the firmware version to be sure that you have the latest available on the Aluratek site. You will find the Firmware Version listed under the system settings.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:21 PM   #4
NCdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
The Aluratek Libre Pro is the same hardware as the Ectaco jetBook. So , most of the
discussions and accessories apply to both devices.

It is a good idea to backup the contents of the device's internal memory to a folder
on your PC's hard drive.

You should have an SD card reader for your PC as well (the kind that you can use as a
USB drive are around $3) it will be a USB 2 device while the ALP only has a USB 1.1
interface.

The ebook sources you mentioned can provide ebooks without DRM and in formats that
the ALP can read. You can use Calibre to convert formats and/or origanize your ebook
library. (The output profile for the ALP is "jetbook 5-inch")

You might want to check the firmware version to be sure that you have the latest available on the Aluratek site. You will find the Firmware Version listed under the system settings.

Luck;
Ken
Thank you for your reply. It is very helpful.

George
Old 09-04-2012, 09:24 PM   #5
NCdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Moved posting to appropriate forum. The experts live here.
Thank you for your response.

Thank you, George

Last edited by NCdad; 09-04-2012 at 09:30 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:22 AM   #6
Begemot
Zealot
Begemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Sony DPT-S1, Kindle DX, iPad, Kobo Mini,H20,iRiver StoryHD
Just wanted to tell you that a year or so back when I used Calibre with my Libre Pro, it worked just fine.

Usually, I just connected Libre through a USB cable to my computer and transferred files without the help of Calibre.

Another option is to simply take out the SD card from the Libre and use the card reader to transfer files.
Begemot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:30 AM   #7
NCdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Begemot View Post
Just wanted to tell you that a year or so back when I used Calibre with my Libre Pro, it worked just fine.

Usually, I just connected Libre through a USB cable to my computer and transferred files without the help of Calibre.

Another option is to simply take out the SD card from the Libre and use the card reader to transfer files.
Thank you Begemont! I shall try that. I put an 8 GB card in it. Amazon.com had a special offer for 2 8GB cards for only $9.99 a few months back -- free shipping too. So I bought a couple. Now I'm sorry that I did not buy 4.

George