Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 12-07-2010, 05:33 PM   #1
quebeckerin
Enthusiast
quebeckerin doesn't litterquebeckerin doesn't litterquebeckerin doesn't litter

Device: libre
aluratek libre froze--reset didn't work

I'm sad to say that my Aluratek Libre Pro stopped working, after only two months of use. I was reading a book in English, when I pressed the key to change to landscape mode. Nothing happened. Suddenly I realized that none of the keys were working. I pressed reset, thinking that would fix things, as it has in the past. But this time it didn't. When I pressed the power button the "Aluratek, Let's Get Digital" page would appear, and stay on screen forever. The menu never came up. This happened on a Friday, so I had to wait until Monday to get in touch with Aluratek. After a somewhat frustrating conversation, in which they suggested that I either did not know how to press the reset button (I do) or that I may have dropped the unit (I didn't) they eventually told me to send the unit back. Which is what I did this morning at a cost of approximately $25 Can (about $23US). (I live in Canada, so the rates to the USA are higher than the rates within Canada.) I mention this, because I know a lot of people were asking for feedback about the different ebook readers and this 'freeze' problem with the Aluratek is one thing to bear in mind. I'd heard about it, but for some reason assumed it would never happen to me. Well, I've learnt my lesson.
Anyway, I'll keep you posted and let everyone know how Aluratek handles the situation. I'm still pretty upset. I loved the thing, when it was working.
quebeckerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 01:20 PM   #2
quebeckerin
Enthusiast
quebeckerin doesn't litterquebeckerin doesn't litterquebeckerin doesn't litter

Device: libre
Update
A new ebook reader from Aluratek was just delivered to my door today, Jan 5th. I'm very pleased and wanted to tell people. They tell me it's a new device, not just my old device repaired. It's strange--but even after only having an ebook reader for two months--I was completely addicted to it, so I'm thrilled to have one again. Of course, at the same time, I'm a wee bit anxious that something will go wrong with this one, too. Anyway, here's hoping everything keeps on working. Nice to be back as a bona fide member of the e-reading community.
quebeckerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 03:20 PM   #3
jlg432
Addict
jlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: jetBook, ALP, Pandigital 7"Color(Black+ White), Kyros MID7015a
John from Ottawa. I'm glad that you got your problem resolved and that you are back to e-reading. You may want to use SyncToy free from Microsoft to keep your library synced to a copy on your PC.

Just remember though that all makes have their issues, not just Aluratek.

Our family is cursed! We seem to get more than our fair share of failures whether it's electronic devices or furnishings.

So far so good!

John
jlg432 is offline   Reply With Quote