Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-03-2010, 08:26 AM   #91
lack
Zealot
lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.

Device: PRS-650
@boxcorner: yep that's what I do now.
lack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:28 AM   #92
boxcorner
»(°±°)«
boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: divisive reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by lack View Post
@boxcorner: yep that's what I do now.
Have you tried reading in the dark, with only the cover's light on? That might enable you more easily to find the optimum angles for reading and positioning the light. I wear glasses, so the idea of adding yet another layer of plastic between my eyes and the screen, adding further reflection and refraction, does not appeal much to me, but other people seem to like the idea, so good luck.
boxcorner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 03:16 PM   #93
lustyd
Enthusiast
lustyd began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-350, PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by lack View Post
Yea the 700 IS a blunder.

but the concept... this side lighted cover for the 600, I think.. could work.

I like my 650 lighted cover but frankly, if I don't adjust the angle well the glare is well enough disturbing. I would go out and try some plastic matte cover in the weekend, see if it helps.
I had one of those and it was rubbish. The light wasn't even at all and the plastic actually cast a shadow on the screen. I now have the newer style light cover and tend to have the light at the side as this lights more evenly.
Dave
lustyd is offline   Reply With Quote