Addict
cheerio6414 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I have only gotten one and was not a fan, haven't gotten anymore
cheerio6414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 01:06 AM   #17
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Smile it sure has

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-reader View Post
AFAIK, TOPAZ is not been broken as such. The tool you refer to strips TOPAZ DRM, but only if you do it on the machine with Kindle software on it and the valid key.
it sure has. i've got three .mobi files that were originally .tpz files.
--
Alan
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 04:36 AM   #18
drl
drl began at the beginning.

Device: Irex DR800
How does one go about figuring what file format Amazon books are in? I notice that many times you find a book and it will be listed 5 or 6 times--all supposedly "Kindle format" but different release dates. There is never any indication as to the differences between the books.
drl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 05:58 AM   #19
lovesangelrn
lovesangelrn began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drl View Post
How does one go about figuring what file format Amazon books are in? I notice that many times you find a book and it will be listed 5 or 6 times--all supposedly "Kindle format" but different release dates. There is never any indication as to the differences between the books.
Most people have found that topaz format books only list a printed length (number of pages) in the description, while azw books have both a file size and a printed length. When downloaded into calibre, I've noticed that the topaz books are listed as .azw1 format
lovesangelrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 12:36 PM   #20
megachirops
Enthusiast
megachirops began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle 3
Some background on Topaz from one of the developers (for anyone interested)

http://beesbuzz.biz/blog/e/2010/01/0...evelopment.php
megachirops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 07:10 PM   #21
JohnRausch
JohnRausch began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2 & 3
You can try to add a book to Calibre and then create MOBI output. It will tell you it can't because the book is in topaz -- if it is.
JohnRausch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 10:35 PM   #22
xnowimcoolx
Connoisseur
xnowimcoolx could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.xnowimcoolx could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.xnowimcoolx could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.xnowimcoolx could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.xnowimcoolx could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.xnowimcoolx could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.xnowimcoolx could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.xnowimcoolx could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.xnowimcoolx could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.xnowimcoolx could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.xnowimcoolx could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

It's been said here before but it should be said. Tell Amazon. I had an awful book and the refunded the money with no questions (although they told me they knew that book had issues) and told me the book would remain on my kindle until I deleted it myself! Bonus!
xnowimcoolx is offline   Reply With Quote