Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-21-2016, 06:36 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
What to talk about when the sale is over

When a book sale is over, there's not too much to talk about.

One thread is now talking about coins.

I propose that this thread be eclectic in nature and to let the subject wander in places unknown. (However, no discussions of buffaloes, unless it's something to do with buffalo patties.)

I think we can start the ball rolling with a discussion of dirty laundry. (I'll let the coin tossers caress their nickels and dimes, quarters and half-dollars to orgasmic bliss.)

Me, I want to talk dirty laundry. Mine.

Yes, now that I've acquired over 600 free ebooks from Open Road Meda, I have nothing left to do but wade through my dirty laundry. I hate it when my socks cling to my underwear. (When I'm not wearing them, of course.) Static electricity is hell and causes extreme distress, especially when I'm holding my ebook reader with one hand. It's very exasperating to find a black sock twined around my white underwear, as if strangling it to death.

I also hate dipping my hands deep into the laundry basket, as I attempt to separate the whites from the coloreds. This brings my face only inches away from dirty laundry. I hate that.

This discussion is necessary because I simply don't have time to read over 600 free ebooks. What am I, stupid? Besides, as I mentioned, the sale is over. There are much more interesting things to talk about than what one reads.

A discussion of the books' contents - at this point - would be ludicrous.

In fact, a laugh is deserving at this moment: Hah-Hah, Hah-Hah. (I feel better now.)

Please feel free to change the subject.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 09:56 AM   #2
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Hmm.
You are in Peru, how about Jazz music as a subject?
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2016, 11:25 AM   #3
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
When a book sale is over, there's not too much to talk about.

One thread is now talking about coins.

I propose that this thread be eclectic in nature and to let the subject wander in places unknown. (However, no discussions of buffaloes, unless it's something to do with buffalo patties.)

I think we can start the ball rolling with a discussion of dirty laundry. (I'll let the coin tossers caress their nickels and dimes, quarters and half-dollars to orgasmic bliss.)

Me, I want to talk dirty laundry. Mine.

Yes, now that I've acquired over 600 free ebooks from Open Road Meda, I have nothing left to do but wade through my dirty laundry. I hate it when my socks cling to my underwear. (When I'm not wearing them, of course.) Static electricity is hell and causes extreme distress, especially when I'm holding my ebook reader with one hand. It's very exasperating to find a black sock twined around my white underwear, as if strangling it to death.

I also hate dipping my hands deep into the laundry basket, as I attempt to separate the whites from the coloreds. This brings my face only inches away from dirty laundry. I hate that.

This discussion is necessary because I simply don't have time to read over 600 free ebooks. What am I, stupid? Besides, as I mentioned, the sale is over. There are much more interesting things to talk about than what one reads.

A discussion of the books' contents - at this point - would be ludicrous.

In fact, a laugh is deserving at this moment: Hah-Hah, Hah-Hah. (I feel better now.)

Please feel free to change the subject.
I'm sorry but no dirty laundry here. Yesterday was laundry day. You should have been here. It was loads of fun. Especially the kitchen laundry.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 11:55 AM   #4
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
We could always start grousing about the various books that we really, really want that haven't had it to ebook yet. That's one of my favorite subjects!
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 12:21 PM   #5
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
We could always start grousing about the various books that we really, really want that haven't had it to ebook yet. That's one of my favorite subjects!
We could talk of many things:
Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
Of cabbages—and kings—
And why the sea is boiling hot—
And whether pigs have wings.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2016, 12:33 PM   #6
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
So why not bump your very own thread?
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 12:53 PM   #7
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
We could talk about moving this thread to the lounge.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 01:02 PM   #8
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
That wouldn't be any fun.
Don might steal the wins.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 02:45 PM   #9
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
So why not bump your very own thread?
Because I was trying for a bit of humor since it seemed like we were joking around.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 03:07 PM   #10
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Yes, indeed!
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 04:15 PM   #11
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
If enough people want it, then sure. Make a Report and the mysterious posers powers that be will decide on whether it is Lounge-worthy.
Old 12-21-2016, 05:45 PM   #12
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
What I want to talk about is how I acquired a few hundred books yet have nothing I want to read today.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 06:04 PM   #13
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
What I want to talk about is how I acquired a few hundred books yet have nothing I want to read today.

I'm experiencing the same dilemma!
Old 12-21-2016, 06:53 PM   #14
Alohamora
Evangelist
Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Fire tablet, ios phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
My "problem" is too many choices and I can't settle on just one. Read a few pages of this and a few pages of that. I want to read everything at once and that doesn't work.
Alohamora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 07:58 PM   #15
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I hate it when my socks cling to my underwear. (When I'm not wearing them, of course.)
You *do* like it when you're wearing them?!
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote