Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 02:36 AM   #106
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonroyle View Post
Two nice writes on Tag up from Isabella Morales of the scattering.
Congratulations.

Quote:
Where did she get the cover on this site?
Was it modified to match green theme on site?
Old 01-18-2011, 04:12 AM   #107
simonroyle
Addict
simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Congratulations.

Where did she get the cover on this site?
Was it modified to match green theme on site?
Yes I saw that - not sure what happened there; looks like it dropped a color or something...
Old 01-22-2011, 11:11 PM   #108
simonroyle
Addict
simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Google alerts sent me a nice message. An unsolicited blog post on Tag, pretty cool.

Read it here, interesting blog as well.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:33 PM   #109
simonroyle
Addict

In the wake of Arbitrator Jonah Oliver's interrogation of Jibril Muraz, a prisoner of UNPOL, his secure life disintegrates into one of lies, corruption, conspiracy and murder due to what he learns.

Jonah is thrown into a race against the clock to stop a plot designed to eliminate two-thirds of the population. The odds are stacked against him. He soon finds his past is not what he thought it was, those closest to him cannot be trusted, and what he’s learned could get him, or worse, his loved ones, killed.

On 15 March 2110, 6.3 billion people will die at the hand of one man.

A man with a twisted vision, to make humans a better, more intelligent race.

From a world where personal privacy has been forsaken comes a tale of conspiracy, love and murder – and the bond shared by brothers.

Available at Amazon and, Smashwords.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:05 PM   #110
simonroyle
Addict

Tag got a nice review from Debra Martin here.
Old 02-19-2011, 11:47 PM   #111
simonroyle
Addict

Tag has been getting some nice reviews from readers lately.
Old 02-20-2011, 02:19 AM   #112
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Congratulations.
Old 02-20-2011, 02:22 AM   #113
simonroyle
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Congratulations.
Thanks Kacir. Actually nothing better for an author to receive unsolicited positive reviews, especially one's that say, "Most fun in scifi since Asimov died..."

That made my day.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:38 AM   #114
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
well they would have had to read it first ....

Old 02-20-2011, 06:07 AM   #115
simonroyle
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
well they would have had to read it first ....

You're obviously not familiar with how this game is played ...
Old 02-20-2011, 06:09 AM   #116
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
I used to play tag at school many moons ago - I can just still remember ....
Old 02-20-2011, 06:14 AM   #117
simonroyle
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
I used to play tag at school many moons ago - I can just still remember ....
Game's changed - now it's all virtual, viral and involves FB, and being a twit ... er at least that's what I've been told.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:07 AM   #118
kacir
Wizard

Quote:
Game's changed - now it's all virtual, viral and involves FB, and being a twit ... er at least that's what I've been told.
It is breathtaking how fast the game changes recently.
I am big optimist, and I have been quite keen on e-books long before they became widespread. Yet, I was very surprised when I learned recently that e-books overtook paper book sales on Amazon. I was expecting it would take much longer.
Now the Apple came, and I expect we will see some dramatic shift before June the 30th. There is no way Amazon and other sellers will give Apple 30% "Money For Nothing" racketeering fee. It is bad enough that non-USA customers have to pay $2 "wireless delivery fee" to Amazon. Even if they have iPad with Kindle App.

I follow the Indie Book scene casually (thanks to your Indie site among others) and I see some interesting trends emerging ...
Old 02-20-2011, 09:12 AM   #119
simonroyle
Addict

A lot of people are saying $1 is the way to go and for a lot of indies it is working. I wonder how $1 and the percentages will work.

My bet is that Amazon and Apple reach an agreement outside of this 30% business. I can't see Amazon paying Apple - at worse it becomes a line item on the authors side.

Not only do Amazon charge for delivery outside US (which is very clever business but lousy on consumers), they only give 35% on those sales. US, UK and Canada 70% (does a Jew not bleed?). They want their pound of flesh and the blood too. When I "gift" my book to someone in the US they charge me $2 for the delivery - rude!

Anyway I can't see them bowing to Apple on this - I reckon they'll just cut the link. That might cause a jump in the iBookstore but I bet that's a risk JB is willing to take - I would.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:34 AM   #120
kacir
Wizard

Quote:
Not only do Amazon charge for delivery outside US (which is very clever business but lousy on consumers), they only give 35% on those sales. US, UK and Canada 70%
Wait, wait ...
Are you saying that when you opt for the 70/30 split with all the "features", like they can match the price (even if it is zero) if they find your book discounted somewhere, they still only give you only 35% when you sell to me (non-USA customer)?
Let me tell you, it takes some balls to screw your suppliers *and* customers this way ...
I thought I have read the "small print" on Amazon rules very carefully, but this is news to me.

I am going to buy myself a bucket of popcorn maize, crank up my popcornmaker (that I got to roast my coffeebeans) and watch the titans clash.
Closed Thread