Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-01-2009, 02:48 PM   #31
PhishStyx
The me that I am
PhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1 & DR 1000s
I'm very happy to see free e-books posted.

I had an opinion. I will no longer make that mistake.
PhishStyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 03:49 PM   #32
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
I probably won't read it either (I picked it up as I thought my mother might read it and that only from the title).

Karen
That's why I picked it up, too. Bzzzzt- wrong! Take a quick look at the book before you give it to your mother. Mine would absolutely go into shock! So did I -- and I'm much more easy going than my mother is.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2009, 05:07 PM   #33
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
That's why I picked it up, too. Bzzzzt- wrong! Take a quick look at the book before you give it to your mother. Mine would absolutely go into shock! So did I -- and I'm much more easy going than my mother is.

I don't think the book would shock her nearly as much as some of the VERY extreme erotica Amazon has had for free in recent months. I warn her now to read the description in my blog or on Amazon before starting a book, just in case.

Since the Kindle library is being billed as a lifetime one, I do get all the free books (then again, my mother-in-law has no access; she would be shocked). After all, SOMEONE in the family, in my lifetime, might want to read it (although, to tell the truth, on a few of them, I _really_ doubt that is true). Just because it is taking up a slot in my librarything database, doesn't mean I have to stare at it on my Kindle or actually read it.

I do think, though, that some of today's books will be ones she likes (plus there is a new christian audiobook this month for her to download).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote