Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-12-2017, 12:09 PM   #1
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
pocket syncs

When I tried to synchronize an empty pocket list on the One, there was no menu ... under the "articles de pocket" header, so I had to use the general synchronize icon (the arrows chasing each other in a circle). I got worried when it went on too long, so I deactivated the wifi to stop it (difficult, always - it keeps reactivating itself and it must be repeated time and again, even when there is no sync running). There was no apparent harm done, but I realized later that my dictionaries had been reset. Only a minor hitch since I save mine and was near my PC, but it would have been annoying if I was on holidays without a PC, and much worse if there was an unwanted upgrade (I can't do without GeoffR's patches).

Is there any other way to download pocket articles when there are none on the device?
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 09:23 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Just try a logout from your pocket account and then log back in.

When I tried that the after the login it downloaded all articles.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2017, 10:16 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
What I have done in the past to force a download of all articles is to remove a couple of entries from the config file. In the "Pocket" section, remove the entry for "LastSync" and "UnsyncedUrls". The LastSync is probably the important one and as it stores when the Pocket sync was done last and only downloads articles added since then. Removing it should download eveything.

If you want to be a little tricky, the value for LastSync is an Epoch timestamp. If you know when the articles stopped downloading, then you can calculate the timestamp and use that instead.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 08:20 AM   #4
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
Thank both of you. PeterT's solution seems easier, manageable from the device itself. My problem was syncing just Pocket starting from an empty pocket list on the Kobo, and not something else (dictionaries or firmware.)
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote