Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-31-2017, 05:50 AM   #1
Robmonster
Wizard!
Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Voyage + Oasis2
Questions about Oasis Waterproof Covers

Morning all,

Does anyone know if the Oasis waterproof covers are held in place with magnets like the Voyage Origami covers?

I really like that Voyage cover and the ease of which I can gently push the Kindle out of it when I want a slightly lighter read. I'm hoping the new Oasis ones are the same. Does anyone know?

R

Last edited by Robmonster; 10-31-2017 at 05:53 AM.
Robmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 07:27 AM   #2
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
There are magnets on the short side of the cover. You can click the Oasis in and just as simple pull it out, similar to the old Oasis with it's charging cover. There is a video on the Amazon Webside, where you can see how it works.
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2017, 03:23 PM   #3
ElspethB
Passionate Reader
ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, Kobo Clara HD, Fire HD 8, Voyage, Oasis 3, PW5
Just got my waterproof cover today. It's Indigo Blue and really quite pretty. My Oasis won't come until Thursday, but it was nice to get something on release day.
ElspethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 04:56 PM   #4
Robmonster
Wizard!
Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I wish they did the royal purple like on the voyage, but I went with the blue also.
Old 10-31-2017, 05:54 PM   #5
Buran
Geek
Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis Waterproof 32GB 3G (without offers)
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekk View Post
There are magnets on the short side of the cover. You can click the Oasis in and just as simple pull it out, similar to the old Oasis with it's charging cover. There is a video on the Amazon Webside, where you can see how it works.
Both parts have magnets, since that's how the front of the cover adheres to the front (screen side) of the Kindle when not in use. I've found that the magnets also act to hold the cover retracted while reading. That isn't the case (or, if it is, the effect is very weak) on the original Oasis charging cover.
Buran is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2017, 06:48 PM   #6
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Color me initially unimpressed with the "Standing" part of this cover's functionality. So far it's not very sturdy at all and the folding part of the cover wants to revert to a non-folding configuration when folded back in the standing position. Time will tell....
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 10:42 PM   #7
selianth
Enthusiast
selianth began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
Color me initially unimpressed with the "Standing" part of this cover's functionality. So far it's not very sturdy at all and the folding part of the cover wants to revert to a non-folding configuration when folded back in the standing position. Time will tell....
Agreed, but I think it just needs some breaking in. The upper right corner of the cover likes to creep up above the device.. I found that the old Voyage Origami case did the same thing but not quite to this extent. Hopefully it will get better the more I use it.
selianth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 08:35 AM   #8
Robmonster
Wizard!

Yes, it's nowhere near as good as the Origami case on the Voyage. Maybe it'll be beter after breaking in.

It's also designed as if you default to holding in your right hand, I tend to hold in my left which makes opening the cover feel odd as it's opening the 'wrong' way and the Amazon logo is upside down.
Old 11-01-2017, 08:47 AM   #9
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
And I hated the Voyage case. I got rid of my Voyage, skipped the Oasis with the power pack case, and am hoping the Oasis2 and case will be better. I should see later this week, or next week.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 01:49 PM   #10
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
I have the Fintie origami case for my Voyage and to me the ability to fold & stand was perfectly implemented. I'm hoping they release one for the Oasis 2.
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote