Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 01-12-2016, 07:30 PM   #16
timofonic
Zealot
timofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox M96+
I see development continues...

Are there software already using it?
timofonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 05:46 AM   #17
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kt
Quote:
Originally Posted by timofonic View Post
I see development continues...

Are there software already using it?
Yes, I am still working on it.
Current version works pretty good with what I've been able to test. I am now fixing some small bugs, mainly crashes related to corrupt input documents.

I noticed some people forked the library but haven't heard of any software using it, apart from my own test cases.

The project certainly needs better documentation. I hope I will find some time to improve it.

UPDATE:
Now that you asked I noticed that KyBook 2 may be using my library. Libmobi is mentioned on licensing page. However, I don't know this app.

Last edited by baf; 01-18-2016 at 01:47 PM.
baf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 03:41 PM   #18
dgatwood
Curmudgeon
dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
I do not have libxml2.dylib on my machine so I configured without it and it built just fine on my Mac OS X Mavericks machine.
The libxml2 libraries and headers are part of the OS X SDK, and the headers are in /usr/include/libxml2/libxml. You shouldn't need a separate installation unless you're working around bugs or the code uses features introduced in a newer version than whatever Apple is shipping this week.
dgatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 04:32 PM   #19
timofonic
Zealot
timofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic something

Hi

Did you consider to look at KOreader project?

Kind regards.
Old 02-07-2016, 10:35 AM   #20
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hi

Did you consider to look at KOreader project?

Kind regards.
I've heard about KOReader project, but haven't used it myself.
I noticed you mentioned libmobi in the discussion on future development of KOReader.
I don't have time now to engage myself into another big project,
Anyway, if KOReader developers would like to use libmobi I am ready to answer any questions.
Old 02-14-2016, 05:29 PM   #21
timofonic
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by baf View Post
I've heard about KOReader project, but haven't used it myself.
I noticed you mentioned libmobi in the discussion on future development of KOReader.
I don't have time now to engage myself into another big project,
Anyway, if KOReader developers would like to use libmobi I am ready to answer any questions.
Nice, I'll point them to this forum thread. Thanks!

Did you check other code implementing mobipocket and such? I found this, for example:
https://github.com/sumatrapdfreader/...rc/MobiDoc.cpp
https://github.com/sumatrapdfreader/.../src/MobiDoc.h

Kind regards.
Old 02-15-2016, 10:12 AM   #22
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
It only seems to support old mobi format, not azw3
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 02:02 AM   #23
baf
Evangelist

Quote:
Did you check other code implementing mobipocket and such? I found this, for example:
https://github.com/sumatrapdfreader/...rc/MobiDoc.cpp
https://github.com/sumatrapdfreader/.../src/MobiDoc.h
I did some research at the point I started working on the library. As KevinH says most of the software only supported mobi up to version 7. With the exception of KindleUnpack and the software using its code.
Old 02-24-2016, 04:09 PM   #24
timofonic
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by baf View Post
I did some research at the point I started working on the library. As KevinH says most of the software only supported mobi up to version 7. With the exception of KindleUnpack and the software using its code.
Thanks a lot for both confirming it!

@baf

Would you like to assist KOreader developers about how to use your library in their project? It would be very interesting to have improved Mobi support

You can open a new issue ticked (I think it would be saner) if you want to help at it.

Kind regards.
Old 02-29-2016, 02:31 PM   #25
timofonic
Zealot

@baf Would you like to contact with the KOreader developers? Your code would be used in a nice major project

You can here:

https://gitter.im/koreader/koreader
Old 12-17-2017, 03:28 AM   #26
umeca74
umeca74 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I wrapped the libmobi library into an IFilter shell extension. It allows windows desktop search to access the text of AZW/MOBI e-books for fast indexed keyword searches. Here is the free installer to download:
http://zabkat.com/blog/ebook-kindle-...ows-search.htm

note that encrypted AZW books cannot be accessed at present. I'm not sure if that's possible outside the "owning" kindle device
umeca74 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
libmobi