Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-26-2014, 07:44 PM   #1
Geremia
Addict
Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Calibre
Restoring Missing Virtual Libraries?

I upgraded Calibre, and now my Virtual Libraries and Saved Searches are all gone!

How do I restore them? Are they backed up somewhere?

thanks
Geremia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 08:14 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Geremia - The real question is why did you lose them - that shouldn't happen when you upgrade? I've gone though 100+ upgrades on Windows & Linux in the ~3years I've been using calibre - never lost a single thing.

I think VL's and Saved Searches are in the metadata.db file. They are 'backed up' in the metadata_db_prefs_backup.json file in the library. Are those files present in the library folder?

Suggest you do a file system backup of your library folder as it is now - ie copy it - lock, stock and barrel - to another location.

You could then run Library Maintenance->Restore Database, that will rebuild the metadata.db from the metadata.opf files in the book folders AND the metadata_db_prefs_backup.json file.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 08:15 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geremia View Post
I upgraded Calibre, and now my Virtual Libraries and Saved Searches are all gone!

How do I restore them? Are they backed up somewhere?

thanks
Do you see the correct Library?

Are you logged on to your computer using the same username?
Preferences and settings are per user. I think VL's fit here also

Custom columns are Per Library (stored In The DB)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:42 AM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
VL and saved searches are indeed in the db (and db backup JSON). I agree with BetterRed -- try rebuilding on a copy of the library.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
corrupt, restore, restore database, virtual library