Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 12-17-2017, 12:04 AM   #1
crane3
Guru
crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fire hdx 8.9, Tab S2, Tab S5e, Aura ONE
Will Calibre author's name change get sent to CC?

If I change/edit the author's name in Calibre, will the new metadata(?) get sent to CC when connected?

I found a bug in C where the author's name was not listed because of a comma. However, the author's books are listed in the tagged section which for column of types of books.

Just will be waiting for an answer in the Calibre forum & hopefully how to proceed as in wait for the fix in which case Calibre will refresh its database or do the edits myself both in Calibre & CC.

Think I will be more careful about the author's name in the future especially for the same author.
crane3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 04:38 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by crane3 View Post
If I change/edit the author's name in Calibre, will the new metadata(?) get sent to CC when connected?
Yes, assuming you are using the Wireless Device connection. Upon connection, the first thing calibre does is transfer all changed metadata to CC. If you change metadata in calibre while connected to CC then to send those changes you must either disconnect/reconnect or use the "Update cached metadata on device" command in the "Device" drop down menu.

Note that this process does not change the metadata in the book file. If you want that metadata to change as well then you must resend the book. CC doesn't use the metadata in the book, but some reader apps do.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote