Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-13-2010, 12:55 PM   #1
agravier
agravier began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 360, if I can find one...
Question I try to buy the Pocketbook 360 and ship to any of {Singapore, France, Poland}

Hi all, (and hi mtravellerh, as I'm quite sure you're gonna answer that:) )

I read reviews, compared readers, and I decided that I am buying a pocketbook 360. And my wife wants one. And it's maybe also a nice gift for my parents...

So, let's say I want to buy more than one of these. I am in Singapore, but I have family and travel rather regularly to France and Poland, so shipping to Europe is a possibility. My question is: where should I buy the thing?

In Europe, the best offers I could find are around 240 eur, which is more than 300 usd; $60 more than the price in the US! Or am I missing something?
However, the situation is even worse in Singapore: I could not find any store selling it! But maybe I overlooked something? I would very much prefer buying it in Singapore, as I am currently there...

Cheers
alex
agravier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 01:07 PM   #2
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by agravier View Post
Hi all, (and hi mtravellerh, as I'm quite sure you're gonna answer that )

I read reviews, compared readers, and I decided that I am buying a pocketbook 360. And my wife wants one. And it's maybe also a nice gift for my parents...

So, let's say I want to buy more than one of these. I am in Singapore, but I have family and travel rather regularly to France and Poland, so shipping to Europe is a possibility. My question is: where should I buy the thing?

In Europe, the best offers I could find are around 240 eur, which is more than 300 usd; $60 more than the price in the US! Or am I missing something?
However, the situation is even worse in Singapore: I could not find any store selling it! But maybe I overlooked something? I would very much prefer buying it in Singapore, as I am currently there...

Cheers
alex
Hi Alex. the only way to get the american version for a less expensive price than the european is to get it in the States. If you buy in Europe from an american dealer, you will end up to have to pay a lot of taxes and port and so on. Better get your 360s from pocketgoods.de in Europe. He offers free shipment everywhere in Europe, so you will only have to pay 239€ per piece.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2010, 01:50 PM   #3
agravier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Hi Alex. the only way to get the american version for a less expensive price than the european is to get it in the States. If you buy in Europe from an american dealer, you will end up to have to pay a lot of taxes and port and so on. Better get your 360s from pocketgoods.de in Europe. He offers free shipment everywhere in Europe, so you will only have to pay 239€ per piece.
Thank you for replying so fast

So, you know no plug to buy it for cheaper in South-East Asia and ship it to Singapore (or to buy it directly in Singapore)?
Old 05-13-2010, 02:03 PM   #4
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thank you for replying so fast

So, you know no plug to buy it for cheaper in South-East Asia and ship it to Singapore (or to buy it directly in Singapore)?
Yes, you could do that, of course. There should be a pocketbook vendor in Singapore, too (thanks to Netronix). I'll try to inform you on that. Hold on, please.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:12 PM   #5
tvpupsik
Addict
tvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enough

Device: PB 360, PB 602, PB IQ
Quote:
If you buy in Europe from an american dealer, you will end up to have to pay a lot of taxes and port and so on.
mtravellerh, probably I am missing something, but in case of buying from an American dealer why not to have it shipped directly to Singapore? The same way like we ship to Australia.

Alex, I could ship it to Singapore for free if you decide to buy 3 readers

http://pocketbook.reader-ebook.org
tvpupsik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2010, 02:53 PM   #6
agravier

Thumbs up

Quote:
Yes, you could do that, of course. There should be a pocketbook vendor in Singapore, too (thanks to Netronix). I'll try to inform you on that. Hold on, please.
That's very nice of you that you look that up for me, mtravellerh . I'll hold on for your reply before deciding where to buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvpupsik View Post
mtravellerh, probably I am missing something, but in case of buying from an American dealer why not to have it shipped directly to Singapore? The same way like we ship to Australia.

Alex, I could ship it to Singapore for free if you decide to buy 3 readers

Indeed, I think the import tax in Singapore would be 7%, so, without shipping cost the price is much better than to Europe, for instance for two white and one black 360, it would cost me about 750 usd after tax, so about 590 euros, instead of 720 euros in Europe...

I'll for sure get two for my wife and myself, and I'll probe my relatives and friends if they are interested in the third one... I'l see where I buy then, after mtravellerh finds out whether Netronix has resellers in Singapore or around...

Otherwise, how much for safely shipping two 360 to Singapore from reader-ebook.org? Could not find this info on the website.

Cheers and thanks to both of you
alex
Old 05-13-2010, 04:10 PM   #7
tvpupsik
Addict
tvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Otherwise, how much for safely shipping two 360 to Singapore from reader-ebook.org? Could not find this info on the website.

Cheers and thanks to both of you
alex
Alex, thank you for pointing out to the difficulty with finding the shipping info. I corrected that.

The combined cost for two 360 will be $40 via Priority Mail International (I've shipped via them to Canada and Australia flawlessly).

If after collecting all the info you decide to buy from us, please send me an email to info@pocketbook.reader-ebook.org or a private message on this forum.

Regardless on your decision where to buy the PocketBook I am sure you and your wife will enjoy it a lot

Best regards,
Tatiana

Last edited by tvpupsik; 05-13-2010 at 10:17 PM.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:54 AM   #8
mtravellerh
book creator

I checked it out. You won't find Pocketbooks with english firmware in Singapore. The best possibility seems to be tvpupsik's offer.
Old 05-15-2010, 01:58 PM   #9
agravier

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvpupsik View Post
Alex, thank you for pointing out to the difficulty with finding the shipping info. I corrected that.

The combined cost for two 360 will be $40 via Priority Mail International (I've shipped via them to Canada and Australia flawlessly).

If after collecting all the info you decide to buy from us, please send me an email to info@pocketbook.reader-ebook.org or a private message on this forum.

Regardless on your decision where to buy the PocketBook I am sure you and your wife will enjoy it a lot

Best regards,
Tatiana
Quote:
I checked it out. You won't find Pocketbooks with english firmware in Singapore. The best possibility seems to be tvpupsik's offer.
Thanks to both of you, your help is really precious. I'll contact tvpupsik privately soon.

Old 05-20-2010, 10:40 AM   #10
PocketGoods
Banned
PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: PB360
Hi, agravier!

We deliver our Pocketbooks to Singapore too. The price abroad from EU will be reduced (you do not have to pay our VAT 19%). So you had to pay just 237 USD (or 193,59 EUR)
If you order 3 PB - we ship your order to Singapore free of cost for you.
If you are interested - just contact me.
PocketGoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 12:24 PM   #11
cutegigi
cutegigi began at the beginning.

Device: none
I actually bought pb360 from us and ship it to singapore using borderlinx.

off course buy 3 get free shipping is very2 attractive. i think there should be a lot of people in singapore will be interested for mass order or something like that.
cutegigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 03:59 PM   #12
tvpupsik
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutegigi View Post
I actually bought pb360 from us and ship it to singapore using borderlinx.

off course buy 3 get free shipping is very2 attractive. i think there should be a lot of people in singapore will be interested for mass order or something like that.
cutegigi - please send all those interested folks to me and I will help them to get a nice PocketBook reader

P.S. I just shipped Alex's order and it is on its way to Singapore. Once Alex gets his readers I hope he will share his feedback about both our service and his new readers.

Last edited by tvpupsik; 05-26-2010 at 04:10 PM.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:36 PM   #13
agravier

tvpupsik - I sure will give feedback here. I will also try to display texts Polish, French, Spanish, etc... PDFs with several columns, password-locked, complex equations, embedded forms, very large image PDFs, some converted .lit ebooks, etc... You will know everything!

cutegigi - Although singaporeans are into gadgets, they seem not to read that much, hence my Singaporean friends did not show interest in buying any reader. They prefer phones and multimedia gadgets. I find it sad, but they just don't read :/

However, I can only advise you to buy your reader from tvpupsik's store, even if it's less than 3; they are very helpful in answering all your questions and arranging everything for your needs.

Finally, PocketGoods - I'm affraid your message came too late, as I was already dealing with our friend tvpupsik. But I am sure your offer is competitive, particularly for those living in Europe.

Cheers,
alex
Old 06-05-2010, 03:00 AM   #14
pda_junkie
Enthusiast
pda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watch

Device: Pocketbook 360, Kobo Glo
agravier, I wish I'd seen your post earlier!

I would love to buy a pocketbook 360 is there are any Singaporeans lurking around who are interested in a mass order.
pda_junkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pocketbook 360