Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 05-11-2010, 11:25 AM   #1
Begemot
Zealot
Begemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Sony DPT-S1, Kindle DX, iPad, Kobo Mini,H20,iRiver StoryHD
Exact model of screen that Jetbook/Libre uses?

I am trying to track down the exact model of Toshiba reflective TFT screen that my Libre uses, without opening the case...

Going from the famous Mobileread wiki:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Reflective_LCD

I stumbled onto this:
http://tmd-product.tmdisplay.com/index_e.cfm

Unfortunately, none of the screens on that page seem to match the specifics of screen for Libre. (5in size, 640*480 resolution, grayscale)

Perhaps, I missed a screen?
Begemot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:11 PM   #2
novel
novel began at the beginning.

Device: JBL
edit:nevermind thought the screen was there
novel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2010, 12:42 AM   #3
cj2010
cj2010 began at the beginning.

Device: JBL
Which model number? Thanks,
cj2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:26 AM   #4
Begemot
Zealot
Begemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Sony DPT-S1, Kindle DX, iPad, Kobo Mini,H20,iRiver StoryHD
Model number of ereader should not have much bearing, since they are all the same.

I own Aluratek Libre, which by definition should have the same screen as Jetbook, but I imagine the screen is same for Jetbook Lite, as well.

Thus, my question still stands, does anyone know the screen model(catalog number somewhere, preferably the one that manufacturer Toshiba uses internally) which our ereaders use?

If all else fails, I'll have to crack open the case, which does not look trivial. That is, cracking open may be not be too bad, but it does not look trivial to put back the Libre, once you take it apart...
Begemot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
libre, screen, tft