kilofox doesn't litterkilofox doesn't litterkilofox doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
Preview Amazon's Kindle App for iPad

Amazon's Kindle App for iPad and Tablets
kilofox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:14 AM   #2
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
It'll be nice to have whispersync for reading a single book on both my iPad and iPhone and it will know what page I'm on.

I think Amazon will have a chance to sell more books on the iPad than Apple does.

Lee
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2010, 08:27 PM   #3
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
I think it's very likely that Amazon will indeed sale more. Amazon has a bigger selection and unless I misread what has been said, some of the publishers plan to charge a premium on the apple site. We will find out in a couple of week.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:19 AM   #4
Neil
Addict
Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 6, iPad Air, Kindles HD 8, HD 10, Oasis 3, Scribe, PB Color
That's a gorgeous app! I personally think that ebooks will be less money at Amazon for a long time. Amazon basically lost the control fight with only one publisher. But Apple begins at having negotiated away price-setting powers with all publishers at the start. We'll see!
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:54 AM   #5
tablettweet
Connoisseur
tablettweet began at the beginning.

Device: IPad 1&2,IPod Touch 4G, DXG, Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle Touch
OMG OMG Why I have not heard about this ! Will IPad allow Amazon to do this ?
tablettweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2010, 11:26 AM   #6
Tamara
Evangelist
Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablettweet View Post
Why wouldn't they? Apple wants to sell you the hardware and if the Kindle app entices you to buy the hardware, it's a win for Apple.
Tamara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 05:41 PM   #7
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablettweet View Post
Why is it a surprise? I've had the kindle app on my iphone for a year....

Anyway, Apple has B&N, Amazon, etc books on the iPhone (and now iPad) ....
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 12:21 AM   #8
d2photo
d2photo began at the beginning.

Device: iphone/software readers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bremen Cole View Post
Anyway, Apple has B&N, Amazon, etc books on the iPhone (and now iPad) ....
And this is why I bought an iPad. Should have it tomorrow..
d2photo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 07:45 AM   #9
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
First confirmation that I've heard from Apple themselves:

http://www.usatoday.com/money/indust...ipad-faq_N.htm
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote